The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go Sleep herbal tablets with 5htp - they work!

+3
robertca
Gabriell
moonskr
7 posters

Go down

Go Sleep herbal tablets with 5htp - they work! Empty Go Sleep herbal tablets with 5htp - they work!

Post by moonskr Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:24 pm

So after the second night of taking one of these i can say they definately seem to work. Two nights of the best sleep i've had in months Smile
The manufactures page is here if anyone's interested - http://gohealthynz.co.nz/ourproducts/?cat=11&id=200

They've got 5htp - natural serotonin booster which has been shown by some studies to be more effective than ssri's for treating depression, and then a few herbal extracts that help you sleep. Can't comment on whether the 5htp does anything but they make me sleep anyway. And there's no grogginess in the morning, and i think they've made me feel much less nauseus. Cost me $27 for 30 capsules, probably cheaper in the city of course.

You can't take them with ssri anti-d's at all, and not recommended to take them with other anti-d's, and not recommended for pregnancy/breastfeeding (but after weighing up all the info i decided the small risk was outweighed by the benefits of taking them for a very short time). But a good idea for something to try if you're reluctant to take prescribed meds.

Anyway hope someone else will give them a try and see how they work for them, i'll have half a jar left when i stop taking them so let me know if anyone wants them posted to ya.

moonskr

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Go Sleep herbal tablets with 5htp - they work! Empty Re: Go Sleep herbal tablets with 5htp - they work!

Post by Gabriell Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Thank you for the link! Hey so happy you have been able to get some sleep! That is wonderful! Very Happy
Gabriell
Gabriell

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Go Sleep herbal tablets with 5htp - they work! Empty Re: Go Sleep herbal tablets with 5htp - they work!

Post by robertca Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:11 am

Very Happy thank you so much they work i could hug you Go Sleep herbal tablets with 5htp - they work! 787356

robertca

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 am

ooh I might try these, anything is worth a shot!

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Sun May 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Dammit, wish I could take these, but don't sound like they will work well with the fluox. Dr gave me some lorazepam for anxiety and I have used it in the evenings to help wind down, best nights sleep in years - literally (and no nasty sideffects next day) but are addictive so have to be careful how often/how much I use them...

Which is so frustrating, knowing they are there and work so well, but can't just keep taking them!

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by meluare Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:58 am

The test of a good sleeping aid is if they continue to work. Resistence is the problem.
Why you cant combine 5HTP with antidepressants is you get excessive serotonin in your system. If the dose levels of either are low or moderate it may not be a problem. Because of the risk of serotonin syndrome all meds and supplements contraindict other similar products. (spelling may be wrong in a few places)

meluare

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Go Sleep herbal tablets with 5htp - they work! Empty Hoping HTP5

Post by aurora Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 am

is gonna work for me too - have been on SSRI's for years but off them for past 6 months... noticed I was getting severely depressed and going down big time - so went off meds... now struggling to cope again - have just ordered a month's worth and x'ing fingers they work for me. They arrive in the next day or two... can't wait!!

ps Any feedback on HTP5 would be appreciated, good or bad altho I realise meds have different results for every person Very Happy Cheers
aurora
aurora

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by meluare Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:24 am

Aurora howdy. I have tried 5htp but dont have much to report. I was on fluoxetine at the time and a bit mental. It gave me a buzz which really suprised me as Id taken few supplements before then. and assumed they were all subtle. The buzz soon went and because it did the same job as prozac I stopped it. I got a buzz because I am bipolar. 5htp is used as an antidepressant in some european countries (Italy?) It is a precurser for serotonin, the body makes serotonin out of it. Theoretically it should be similar to the ssri you are not so keen on. You wont know until you try. Let us know how you get on.

meluare

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:37 am

Thanks meluare.
They arrived and I have just taken my first dose. Will let you know how I get on. I'm not on any other medication.
I think I know what you mean when you say you got a buzz - I tried St Johns wort years back and had the same results - not pleasant!
Cheers for your feedback.
aurora
aurora

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down