The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm moving home

+3
daze7
Paddy
logical-cents
7 posters

Go down

I'm moving home Empty I'm moving home

Post by logical-cents Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 am

Have tonight and tomorrow left at work, then gotta pack and move stuff into storage and move back to NP on Sunday regardless of what the HR manager at work says tomorrow. Hopefully they will hold my job open for me, if not it will be termination of contract effective immediately on my part. Moving all very fast now.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

I'm moving home Empty Re: I'm moving home

Post by Paddy Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:31 am

Aw hon, don't you worry about what the HR person says or even thinks. You are who is important, not work, not the Managers, You, our LC. And if they do give you grief, please mate, let me know.

Take especially gentle care of you, my dear friend and take the time to relearn about even just a few of the many very good things about you - because there are lots and we can see and know them - BUT we need you to give you permission to see them too and accept that you are a good person, LC. And a much loved member of our TBBD Family, Lisa.

flower
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Thanks Paddy, yea I'm not too worried. It's like my duty manager said to me, he goes 'asking A is just a formality really isn't it?'. Said to him yep, regardless of what she says I move back home on Sunday. He's not working today coz he's getting prepared for his wedding on Saturday which kinda sucks coz I was hoping to be able to get him to come with me to see her as a bit of support.

Paddy I will take your permission to find these good things about myself, and hopefully I will find them.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:46 am

Got till end of May unpaid off work at the present time. So round about 3 1/2 months.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:22 am

Hi LC - that gives you some breathing space and rest time - how do you feel about that?

Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:29 am

Yea its ok, relaxed me a bit knowing that I still have a job. Just panicking a tad about everything else. Sorta all coming to me know and realising what is happening.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:44 am

LC sweetheart,

"Just panicking a tad about everything else."

I wonder if we shouldn't have that as a Motto here at TBBD, hon?

I am pleased for you about work - forget it for a while, and just slowly sort through a few of the 'tads' as and when you feel able to.

Hows Marmalade likely to greet the new siblings?

Take really good care of you, our dear and much loved LC - or, Auntie Paddy will growl, PaddyPromise. I've mentioned before that you inspire me, and you do. Thanks, mate. Mmmwah. Very Happy
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 am

Marmalade is likely to absolutely hate them with a passion. We think Meg will adjust to them, Marmalade however is a different story, she not gonna like two little balls of feisty fluff invading her territory.

The kittens are gonna hate the drive down as well. They hate being confirmed and they hate the car. Vets can only give them a sedative by injection and of course they won't be open on Sunday morning, so got mum bringing some rescue remedy up to hopefully help them.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by moonskr Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:51 pm

the other thing you can get for kitties is the feliway spray, its 'an analog of cat pheremones', which makes them think everything has their own scent and they're somewhere familiar. It comes in plug in diffusers for your house but also as a spray bottle, so you can spray it on their travel cages, new room etc. Looks like water and has a very faint pleasent smell to people. They should be fine without it but if you're really worried it's another thing you could try anyway Smile

moonskr

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:11 am

Thanks for that moon, think might just stick with the rescue remedy and hope that they quiet down and sleep fairly early into the trip.

It's kinda all come to a realisation now, and sorta realising what is happening and stuff, wondering if I'm doing the right thing, but know that I am really.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by becks Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Hey LC good luck with your move home. Like I said in chat, I think that it's really good what you are doing. You are putting yourself and your mental health first and that is the important thing. I hope that there are not too many fights for top cat at your folks place. It sounds like Marmalade is the resident boss so no doubt she will let everyone know who rules the kitty kingdom! I'm moving home 565675
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks Becks, yea I've finally kinda coming to realise that I do need to put me and my health first coz it sure hasn't been working out the way I've been doing it so maybe if I do it this way it will work.

Yes Marmalade is resident boss, she'll turn her nose up at them, but she'll also be able to jump up to places where they can't so should have a bit of time out from them, and probably will lock the kittens up sometimes so she can have some peace. Think Meg will soon adjust, she'll probably quite like them to play with after a while coz Marmalade doesn't play with her when she wants her too.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:30 am

LC, have a safe trip back to NP and please hon, take gentle care of you, eh?
flower:
: I'm moving home 565675 + I'm moving home 565675 + I'm moving home 565675 = I'm moving home 143605 I'm moving home 683277

Paddy, 'n the rest of ya TBT Family.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:13 am

Logical I am glad you have made this decision. Its a good one, you won't be alone with horrible intrusive thoughts.

Love to you

Martine

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:09 am

Got home fine, kittens behaved extremely well in the drive down here. They are loving this place and settled in very well, it's like they've been here for months. They love mum's potted tree plant inside and like to throw the dirt of it out which we are trying to stop and they also love to try and climb the floor lamp of mums. Toffie also climbed half way up the brick on the outside of the house.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:29 am

Sounds as if the move is going to be all good for you and the kitties. Thinking of you little daffodil.
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down