The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venlafaxine and pregnancy

3 posters

Go down

Venlafaxine and pregnancy Empty Venlafaxine and pregnancy

Post by george Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:09 am

Hiya everyone.

So much has happened since i was on here last but now i am back.

On saturady i found out i was pregant. I am also taking Venlafaxine. Has anyone on here taken this during pregancy? Very Happy

george

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Venlafaxine and pregnancy Empty Re: Venlafaxine and pregnancy

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Woohooo congratulations george - how far?

Did you go to the doctor?

Back to top Go down

Post by george Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:10 am

I have been to the dr. Becasue i was in such a shocked state i didnt get the whole picture of what he said about my meds ans efects. He did say somethign about its better not to take anything but sometimes it better to. In the shock state i still in i dont understand any of that.

Paddy gave me a link about the meds i take and after reading that i really scared for bubs now. The early months are so important as thats when a lot of the developing is happening so now i dont know what to do.

I have found a midwife that supports mums and mums-to-be with depression and pnd so that a start. I seeing her next week.

Honestly inside im scared, confussed and lonely and now me is crying Sad

george

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mistameenah Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:11 am

wow, i really feel for you!!!
i am sure that your doctor would have told you to stop taking the meds straight away if he thought they were going to cause and major harm,

you are doing all that you can for now to get all the help and advice that you need, know that your baby is safe with you, it is teeny and tiny and safe.
you are being sensible and waiting to be advised. that really is all you can do.

the side effects that are mentioned on the websites, are things that "could" happen, not "will happen" if you continue to take the meds, we all ingest things in early pregnancy that are prolly not good for our babies, but most of the time is causes no harm.

i am guessing that they may give you a choice, if you come off your meds, will your mental illness have a detrimental effect on your health and welbeing, , or is it better to keeps taking the meds dispite the risk to the baby, because it is better to keep you well for your sake and the baby's. i am thinking that, that is what the dr ment when he said "sometimes it is better to be on something."
mistameenah
mistameenah

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi there George

I am sure it will all be ok, but please let us know how you get on with your doc,

I am also sure that they will be keeping a very watchful eye on you, ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by becks Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:25 am

Hi Georgie how are you going? I've been thinking of you and wondering how things are. I hope you are ok. Take good care of yourself o.k? Venlafaxine and pregnancy 787356
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:29 am

Venlafaxine and pregnancy 870194

Back to top Go down

Post by becks Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 pm

flower Hi George I have been thinking about you. How are you? I hope you are ok and that things are good with you in terms of pregnancy and the meds. Take care, Becks.
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down