The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Points of View

2 posters

Go down

Personal Points of View Empty Personal Points of View

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:07 am

Because there are so many of us here it is obvious that not every one can agree about everything all of the time. Personally I feel an echange of ideas is really healthy, entertaining and usually instructive. Another thing is that people often view other people differently than they view themselves or as they would like others to view them. A differing opinion, so long as it is not insultingly put, should not, in my opinion, be seen as a personal attack but just an observation of how that person is appearing to present themselves to the person making the observation. This is probably not right or wrong but just one persons perspective on another or their point of view. If someone does not agree with another it can be very hurtful if unpleasant and unasked for PM's are sent, surely there are other ways to deal with differences of opinion or perspective. I for one do not expect people to agree with me just for the sake of pacifying me as I value genuine feedback from people who care for me and value, but not necessarily agree with what I have to say. I am feeling quite fragile myself just now even though I am still having a great deal of troube not say 'I'm fine thanks' when asked how I am. Old habits do die hard sometimes and for some vulnerability is hard to admit to. Please let us be gentle with each other.

Back to top Go down

Personal Points of View Empty Re: Personal Points of View

Post by peterpam Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:49 am

Totally agree Bluebird. I myself choose to use the PMs to check on people and to share things that maybe are too personnel for them on this board, but never, (apart from Pat) if i have not been invited or I know I will be welcomed. I choose to do the same with chat, having only been there once, as i was asked to chat online with someone. I love that this message board has few rules, we need to be able to monitour ourselves. If I don't like a post or i cant give good advise, I try to stay away as I know I am not being helpful. I cant say I dislike anyone on this board, I loves you all, but if I dont comment, its because I dont have anything helpful to add, or its just toooo close to the bone and I stay away. Hugs and love to everyone, Pam.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:52 am

Would love to invite onto chat any time I am on Pat, you always have such positive and encouraging things to say on your messages and I for one, would love to get to know you better. Take care. Judy

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:03 am

"Old habits do die hard"
when not surrounded by youth.

For us older ppl
children and dressing-up are quickening ways
of allowing the Hard to become softer.

Learning to play down on all fours
is recomended.
Get down with the children
and play moo-cows....
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:04 am

Thankyou Judy, I strive to be possitive and I just hope i help sometimes. Honey, you ever need some help, just give me a call, I'm there for yah. Take care sweets, Pam.

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:06 am

peterpam wrote:Thankyou Judy, I strive to be possitive and I just hope i help sometimes. Honey, you ever need some help, just give me a call, I'm there for yah. Take care sweets, Pam.

moo
moooow!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:37 am

GM honey I don't even know what that means, lol. You know i luffs you too.

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:59 am

good post Chippie, and understand where you are coming from. I haven't had one yet, but if i were to received a pm I didn't like I would reply to it and clear it up straight away

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum