The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pyschiatrist from the hospital just phoned me

2 posters

Go down

The Pyschiatrist from the hospital just phoned me Empty The Pyschiatrist from the hospital just phoned me

Post by Me Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:13 am

he wants me to have another memory test to see if there is any changes, and he is getting a psychologist to phone me to set up the appointment. He said my speech has gotten worse since he last spoke to me, so I have agreed.
Don't know if it's the right decision to make or not. After the last test I felt so stupid and dumb, I couldn't answer simple questions. I didn't know that i was having so much trouble with my memory. I had to say yes cause I want someone to help me speak fluently again and give me something to stop me feeling so tired.

Me

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

The Pyschiatrist from the hospital just phoned me Empty Re: The Pyschiatrist from the hospital just phoned me

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:38 am

what emphasises the speech Me, is it stress/tiredness. I know that if I am tired I cannot coordinate my words well, and it comes out, well 'lumpy'

Back to top Go down

The Pyschiatrist from the hospital just phoned me Empty Re: The Pyschiatrist from the hospital just phoned me

Post by Me Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:09 am

I'm hoping it's just that but I have only had trouble with my speech for the past two years so I don't know much about stuttering. The Dr thinks it's something else but said if it's stress I need help.

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Me Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:12 am

I do get very tired when it's bad. I sleep at least 15hrs a day and can't stay awake for more than 4 hrs at a time when I'm like that. It also get worse with activity going out, swimming etc.

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:53 am

Hello :-)

I do hope they find some answers for you.. I find my speech gets 'mucked up' when I'm tired and stressed - the weird thing that happens when i apologise to someone for what is happening as we talk, is that they say 'oh, I didn't notice it!' - what!!!! it is so obvious - words back to front, out of sequence, not on the topic, etc.. I'd rather they were honest and just said 'it's ok' or something.

I'm thinking of you M.. hugs from me..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:17 am

hey how are you going M.E??

Back to top Go down

Post by Me Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:28 am

I'm fine thanks mylife. the psychiatrist has contacted my GP over his concerns, she said that she has concerns to. It seems it's very unusual to start stuttering at 48.

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:34 am

yes it would be and there will be a reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum