The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another member of my family might have a mental health problem

Go down

Another member of my family might have a mental health problem Empty Another member of my family might have a mental health problem

Post by Me Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:49 am

I saw an old friend yesterday, it was so nice to catch up. She helps at the SPCA and knows a lot about animals so I told her about my youngest cat.

He can be so nice, I can pat and kiss him and pick him up at times, he likes to come and smooch around my legs. Cool aye.

But he has another side to him, he gets so moody, puts his ears back and looks daggers at you. He will attack you for no reason, He will jump up and grab your clothes at the back, on your sleeves and sinks his teeth in if he can.

He attacks most my visitors and bites them around the ankles for no reason, or takes flying leaps at them with his claws out for no reason.
Some people are a bit afraid of him.

I can be watching tv and he will climb up the back of the chair and bite me in the head. We have water pistols throughout the house to squirt him with when he is naughty.

He attacks his Mother, he will jump on top of her or chase her through out the house or outside and she is only half his size.

He also torments the neighbours cats, he will trap them in a corner and lie down, if they move he then attacks. He is 2.45 years old so isn't a kitten.

I have been told that he is most probably bipolar. She told me that small percentage of cats are bipolar, and I never knew that before.

I have had a diabetic dog who also went blind, a dog who had a syndrome who died, it affected the brain, his brain died bit by bit till we had to put him down, and a cat that was born a bit simple, a very loving cat, but the vet used to laugh at him when he saw him, so I suppose a bipolar cat is normal for my family

Me

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Another member of my family might have a mental health problem Empty Re: Another member of my family might have a mental health problem

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:04 am

haha - some of that described Paddy's cat!!

opps..

Back to top Go down

Another member of my family might have a mental health problem Empty Re: Another member of my family might have a mental health problem

Post by Me Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:15 am

There aren't many around like him - thank goodness.
It goes to show that we aren't the only ones who suffer these problems, and it must be medical problem cause i don't believe many cats experience the same things as us. So how much of our problems are caused by our past and how much is caused because we don't have chemicals in our brains that other people do. I also wonder if we are born like that, but it doesn't show up until something happens that is out of our control.

Me

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum