The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm so tired

5 posters

Go down

I'm so tired Empty I'm so tired

Post by Folly Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm so tired, I haven't been sleeping very well for ages and my mind just won't stop. I have this horrible feeling that something really bad is going to happen and I can't stop thinking about all the possibilities. I have the dog curled up next to me for comfort but I just wish wish wish I could switch off and go to sleep. Shocked

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

I'm so tired Empty Re: I'm so tired

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:32 pm

hi there Folly,

Wondered how you were doing!! I wonder how we can get you to find that switch ay???

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Hello Folly, ..... How nice to see you again - have missed you, so pleased to see you back, and hope you're doing OK - like Mylife says just have to find the switch! Easier said than done. Hope you have an OK day today.

Daze albino ..... I'm so tired 944681
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:46 pm

I love you hiya Folly

a sense of impending doom can be caused by overtiredness...as part of the mind searches for a reason behind the lack of sleep...it can decide in its unrested state that there must be a 'threat' to oneself which is stopping the body from relaxing enough for sleep...the trouble is that this unconsious thought pattern actually feeds the lack of sleep...as the subconsious then holds the mind above deep sleep...which causes further tiredness...which keeps the 'threat' warning sounding...this can become a really nasty cycle...and it makes it harder to get the mind to shut down as the subconsious wants to stay alert and aware at all times.

have you tried all the old style bedtime things?...as in a hot milky drink...a soak in the bath...no eating for at least 2 hours before bed...no caffiene in the evening...etc etc.

I, like most here, have times when sleep stays away...and to be perfectly honest a hot milk chocolate drink is the only one of these that can sometimes work for me...what I normally do is spent a day being very very physical...digging gardens, chopping firewood, vacumming under and behind evry piece of furniture...what ever I can see needs doing...and I push myself only stopping to eat, drink, toilet...and trying to keep on my feet moving all day...at the end of that my body is so buggered it tells the subconsious to take a running leap and then I fall asleep almost before my head hits the pillow.

sorry I don't have the perfect solution to bad sleeping...everyone is different in what works for them...if it gets to the point of absolute misery then please take yourself off to the doc and see what they can do to help

be kind to yourself,
brite
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:06 am

Folly sweetheart, flower

Aw hon.
I hope that you are still talking about these feelings and the apparent 'realness' of them to you, to your medical support team because its stuff they need to be very aware of.
Its a bugger when we can't shut down enough for sleep, isn't it?

How are you doing, managing with Lucy, your birds and their ariaries and probably knowing you, babysitting? Have you been able to go back to the community gardens or better still, find sticks on a beach after a storm? cheers

You know how to get hold of me if there is anyone I can help sort out for you (you know what I mean, hon - I aint had a good fight in ages).

Take very special care of you, our Folly and remember that FollyIsCool, hon. She really, really is.

xoxox
Patrick. I'm so tired 787356
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 pm

Thanks guys Smile That makes sense brite, i've tried almost everything to get off to sleep but nothing really works. Or it works once and then doesn't work again. I got a few hours sleep last night so that's something.

Folly

Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:02 am

YAY for a few hours sleep,

I don't know if it is the fluox I'm on, but once I am asleep I am sleeping really soundly!

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:20 pm

remember too Folly that you should never think to much on NOT being able to fall asleep...because then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy...you need to keep as positive as you can that you will be asleep, and stay asleep all night, within 8 mins of laying your head on your pillow Sleep

keep in touch hun...cos we really all do enjoy your company here I love you
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:36 pm

what she said Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 am

Hi Folly..

You're writing my story about finding it hard to sleep.. this may be of help for you..

In the last 10 minutes or so before getting into bed, sit down somewhere that's not your bedroom.. and write whatever comes into your mind, or is worrying you.. just let the words flow onto the page - it can take a little practice - even if you write 'I just want to sleep' several times...

Then once you've written all you want to, fold the piece of paper and tuck it away somewhere that's safe for you that's out of your bedroom. Or if you have a fireplace, pop it in and let that energy go..

Then.. do something that you find nurturing - have a milk milo, heat a wheatbag or hot water bottle to warm you in bed, cuddle a cat, etc..

Then.. when you go to bed, you've let free anything that's on your mind, so you can go to bed in peace..

It takes a little while sometimes.. it does help..

Take care.. and very best wishes for a wonderful sleep tonight..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:14 am

I find a hot milky drink, especially Horlicks works well and I also take a book to bed with me, eventually I lose concentration and doze off. My bedroom is a TV free zone but I play classical music and leave it on till it eventually turns itself off when I am asleep. I don't think books in bed are officially recommended but it works for me. I can't be worrying about 'stuff' and be reading at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down