The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRESS

5 posters

Go down

STRESS Empty STRESS

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:21 am

How do you know when enough is enough. I mean to say I an certain it is a major contributor to problems like ours! alien

Back to top Go down

STRESS Empty Re: STRESS

Post by daze7 Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:50 am

Hi Mylife, Yes, stress is a major contributor. I remember my Dr (at the beginning of being diagnosed depressed) told me 'there's a very fine line between enough stress and too much' - I smiled at him in amazement and said 'Is there' ...... what a lot I had to learn!

Eu-stress is the good kind - that gets you going, and puts a bit of pressure on you.

Distress is the other kind - upsetting, sad, etc. Too much pressure.

And an interesting point is that what I may find stressful - another person may not!

Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 am

Hey My life,

For me i thought i was just stressed, with work with family and i thought i had the holiday blues, (had just come back from 2 months in the mediterranean) the more i tried to get back into normal routine i just couldnt. Work was stressing me out, i love my job and am pretty good at it but it just got to a point whre i was drinking too much again and i could not cope. Crying all the time. Nothing was enjoyable anymore and i felt like i had nothing at all to be happy about or even give a genunine smile. I was that way for months before i talked to my GP.

I think deep down we know when enough is enough and if you are even questioning it then i think it is time to at least have a chat to your GP its not as scarey as you think and it does help.

Daze is right stress is only relative to the person. It may not be big to anyone else but the fact it seems big to you is more then enough reason to see the GP.

Goodluck mylife. Hope you can find some stress releif/comfort soon.

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:41 am

Mylife,

If your drinking increases, you start self harming or lighting fires you are under too much stress!

Watch for your own warning signs, could be a sore neck, pain in the shoulder, constant headaches ot comfit eating.

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:55 am

STRESS is a KILLER.
Insurance Companies know of this,and ask their prospective clients about how many (certain)things have happened to them when signing up New Clientelle.

Ppl dont KNOW theyre stressed,they just shoulder-on.
Stresses mount one upon another upon another untill you Break-out
spittin sparks all directions.
No-one strives on stress.
Stress is a Killer...
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by poppy Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:58 am

stress - I know when I am becoming unwell EVERYTHING seems stressful. And as for the comfort eating...anyone tried the old gold peppermint chocolate?! Very Happy

poppy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 pm

yum poppy..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:35 pm

I must admit that I don't drink when I am stressed, just makes me grumpy and more depressed I think.

Yes stress is a killer, but is some respects - isn't it better to die young?

BTW Poppy can I have a receipe for the cake?

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:08 am

mylife wrote:I must admit that I don't drink when I am stressed, just makes me grumpy and more depressed I think.

Yes stress is a killer, but is some respects - isn't it better to die young?...lol, who would know?

BTW Poppy can I have a receipe for the cake?
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:40 am

Yes who would know..did you know that my dad died several times, and gave us a good account of what the experiance was like.

Sometimes, I must admit it does sound better!

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:32 am

larger than Usual-Life we become
as we excitedly peruse theworld beyond thought
and its Jailer,Belief.

Many the world over have conciously died in degrees
and returned to give their individual appraisals
of what Life IS;appearing as layers layers.

The proverbial Onion
is often used to signify these layers
in which the mind is made-up of.

As we die in one layer,we mature alittle
and beguin to adapt to the next layer,etc.

You should get Your Dad to speak for Himself ML.
Both he and i have died more than Once.

Then there is Mahasamadhi
when no-one returns
so to speak.

Stress is a KILLER!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:24 pm

dad died in 1998, but gave us real insight into the process, for example, they - ie the doctors - took him off all medication (as close to euthenasia as they could get legally) and he lived for another 6 weeks.

he was ok as first ' himself', them he would talk in a different voice, tell us he was in a crash of some kind, eg plane crash, car crash, boat crash - you get the picture - and would always be the 'driver' of whatever and giving orders to mum who would be the helper -

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:38 pm

picking up the pieces in his mind, then he would say things like "I see the father and the son..and my mother!" now he is not religious! discovered he meant his father, his brother and his mother..

he also said everyone was naked and that there were lots of fields of flowers. His mother was calling him, but he was telling her no. Then he would tell mum that he wasn't going without her and hold her so tight sometimes that she had to control her breathing (he was squeezing her).

Evidently his brother would visit often (he's been dead since the mid 70's). Dad would often say he wasn't ready..then... one night in Feb (the 17th to be exact) mum felt the need to get dressed up at 11pm, so she did after a shower, felt drawn to the bedroom where dad lay, just in time for him to turn, open his eyes and look directly at her -raise his hands which were trembling... and said "oh shit i think I'm in trouble" - his body raised and flopped - and he was gone. he died at 11.45pm.

for months afterwards I saw him in my dreams and he was upset that he had to go. He kept on telling me that he hated it where he was and just wanted to be back with us. He was angry and frustrated. Then it stopped around sept 98. Christmas time he was back and told me that finally he was happy, and I haven't had a dream with him in it at all since.

mum used to hear him walking around the house until sept 98 too...and she could hear him breathing. I even think things might have got moved but we can't be sure.

It was his birthday Thursday - he would have been 97.
I do truely believe that he is happy where he is now. The last time he visited was when we saw Kelvin cruickshank.. dad was there and told me to ring my sister as something was wrong...I did and she was surprized but told me everything was just 'normal' and ok.. a year later she left her husband of 33 years to live 'alone'. I do often wonder.

Last edited by mylife on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to colour and bold - ie to highlight)

Back to top Go down

Post by Me Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:44 am

My Father had a different experience. They all aren't the same, and not all nice. I am religious which keeps me here. i believe stress is a killer and so is depression, but life is a gift and how we live it is very important.

Me

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:57 am

My life,
I wrote you a long-letter in response to your fantastic posting upstairs
but lost in in changing windows..LOLol
this sometimes happens to me,
i should take my typing to the Note-Pad facility and complete my response,
and then paste-up here in the thread.

Today,
I have learnt that lesson.

lol
thank you!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:59 am

so can you reinvent the post gm?

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:14 am

I certainly could...I can see why it may-have got lost in cyber space due to its exposingly provocative nature.(re RELIGION,lol)
I'l pm you when I get it re-Written;it wont be the same but it will keep the Topic moving between us.
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:21 am

Me wrote:My Father had a different experience. They all aren't the same, and not all nice. I am religious which keeps me here. i believe stress is a killer and so is depression, but life is a gift and how we live it is very important.

That is true,
not all deaths are the same Death.

Are you experienced in depression and its degenerating business "Me"?
How does re-birth fit into your current religiousness?

I use the word current as i notice some ppl evolve thro-religion to become some-what separate from what Mainstream religions have on (to) offer.
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:58 am

You are correct there, we all die differently, some suddenly and some quietly, some accidental, some deliberate, some naturally.

All experiances will be different I suspect with similarities.

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:53 am

mylife wrote:You are correct there, we all die differently, some suddenly and some quietly, some accidental, some deliberate, some naturally.

All experiances will be different I suspect with similarities.

What do you see in the 'simarlities department' ?

Have you your-self had near death experiances,
or remembered your life before you came to be borned here in this world?
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:29 am

no....but there seems to be a repeated message about a light...it is those sorts of similarities that I am talking about.

re mine, no haven't had any near death experiances personally..well not that i remember, and I dont know of one person that remembers life pre birth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down