The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stress of Christmas

5 posters

Go down

The Stress of Christmas Empty The Stress of Christmas

Post by Lonely Girl Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:56 am

Why does this time of year have to be so dam stressful.

We are doing the xmas day thing with my partners family, which wouldn't be quite so bad if it wasn't for all the stress of having his sister involved. She is like no one I have ever met before. The thought of her judgements and her self absorbtion and tendency to flip out at people is really not my idea of fun.

Then we have to catch up with my family, my stepdad seems to have alcohol issues, which always seems to manages to put a dampener on things.

Then my dad has come out of the woodwork and trying to get more involved in my life all of a sudden, and I really don't know how to take it, or understand why he suddenly gives a dam.

Grr, roll on the end of the silly season.

I reckon there is probably enough of us that hate christmas and the stress it causes that maybe we could get it banned?????
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

The Stress of Christmas Empty Re: The Stress of Christmas

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:02 am

lol....you cna try and get it banned LG....but i think a few people might object!

I can only imagine how stressful it will be for you. Does your BF have the same view of his sister as you? If so perhaps you couls hvae a chat with him and arrange a code word or something so that he knows yournot copingand maybe you can get out for a breather or something.

Plan your strategies now if you can!

Mon
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Girl Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:04 am

hmmm, strategies - good plan. Me prob just follow him outside when he goes for a smoke. Yeah, he not very stoked to be spending it with her either. The whole having to buy her and the kids presents didn't help the stress levels either as neither of us actually wanted to spend time or money on her.
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:08 am

Hmmm you sure you haven't got the clone of my sister in law? She and her hubby think they are being witty but all it is is put downs of everyone else and what they can afford.

Agree with Monsta, strategies are good. I used to have a code with hubby, 'I want to go home' was, lets leave sometime soon; 'I need to go home' was get me the hell out of here NOW!!

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:57 am

LG you can count me in as a definate vote for banning xmas!!... i for one would not miss it!!...and why is it that we feel fine with doing our best to avoid certain family members at any time of the year but never at xmas???...I too have a sil, or rather had a sil, who drove me nuts...she is always trying to prove how superior she is to everyone else...thankfully, after one xmas with my extended family, she dictated that my bro and their kids had to spend every xmas with her family...the bummer part of it was missing out on my brother and his kids!!
As for spending even part of a day like xmas with someone who has an alcohol problem...I wish you strength for that, as it is horrible waiting and watching for things to go pearshaped...my hubby is a recovering alcoholic, so I know just what it can be like!!!...((((hugz))))
And to your dad...do you think he could handle if you managed to be upfront and ask him why it is that he is suddenly giving a damn about you??
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Girl Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:38 am

lol my just asked my partner bout a code word - he says how bout "f@#* off .......... (insert his sisters name). lol. Don't think that will quite work in the best diplomatic way lol.
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by 1teaspoon Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:05 am

Well i must be one of the luckiest women in the world. I love my in laws and im fairly certain the feeling is mutual. We give each other shit all the time and they gave me the nickname B.H.B--- black haired bitch lol, but its all good. My father-in law, mother-in-law and brother-in-law all live with us and my mother in law and i can be in the kitchen at the same time without getting into a bitch fight.

My family on the other hand, is a totally different story. My mother and i argued on xmas day for possibly 10 years solid, which had a lot to do with her guzzling back the bourbon after lunch, so that ruined it for me. The last contact i had with my sister was a txt from her threatening to come around and knock my teeth out (bit hard when i have a false plate, but she could have a go at the 7 real teeth i have left i spose LOL). My father and i had a non existant relationship for the first 28 years of my life, as a result of my failure to be born a boy.
So knowing that i will be spending the majority of my day with my inlaws is actually completely fine with me. I cried last year because everyone was laughing, giving each other shit and having a genuinley good day.

I hate the lead up to the day, walking through the malls listening to snoopys christmas makes me want to get a shotgun and shoot out their entire sound system, having a trolly inserted into my back by a salivating old bag who wants the tray of lamb chops i have in my hand and just the crowds of brainless idiots that think its a good idea to stand directly of the trolly im pushing and expect me to move whilst having a retarded look on their face. Did i mention i dont do crowded places very well?

Anyway, i do hope that you all manage to get through the day tomorro without committing murder, and as monsta said, try and organise some safe words with your partner/parents/whomever to escape whatever situation you need to.

Best wishes for a safe and happy day for you all!
1teaspoon
1teaspoon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://theinvisibleagony.forumotion.net/index.htm?sid=045d004fd4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:41 am

I know how you feel 1 teaspoon.

I been in town the last couple of days and Lambton Quay has been packed with morons who stand in the middle of the side walk chatting with mates, walking and texting or walking soooooo slowly.

Then there are buskers ebery 10 -15 meters with constant xmas songs.

Maybe it is a good thing I am not allowed a gun licence after all
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down