The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

Go down

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself." Empty "A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 2:10 am

I have taken this from one of Poetrys posts...I think we all need to remember this here... we so often don't believe in our selves here (me included) and our confidence is rocked.

But then our true friends evolve... Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself." Empty Re: "A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 11:39 am

i am blessed to have a best friend who accepts me - good times and bad - i hope all who visit here can find a friend like mine....

Back to top Go down

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself." Empty Re: "A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 6:04 am

I have one. He is my husband. Unconditionally. Very Happy and I am proud of him. Many others would have thrown me to the wolves, like my ex husband, brother and so called school bullies at primary school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2009 1:02 pm

This is truer than true....... My best friend is Molly. She has kept me company, warm on cold nights, soaked up my tears with her woollen coat, distracted me, danced with me - (Mika lollipop), she is always by my side, she has kept me alive.

Molly walks
Led us to the bay… counting shells
again
The sand shimmers a colourful dance
So many shells opened, empty - still beautiful
They sigh and chatter as we walk

Molly walks
Counting the shells
One found its way into my hand
Purple blue with soft pink
Nibbled at by the birds that had gobbled up its prey

Molly walks
Two ducks - paradise -chat together and sway with the tide
water is ruffled by a soft warm breeze
The sun leaves its path
for us to gaze upon - memorised - to dream

Molly walks
Leads us to an old wooden bench that wobbles a little
Safe enough for two we sit
Molly nibbles and spits out the green stuff - not grass!
Memories come to me of another time of another old bench
both with a view of water one the river the other the harbour
Will you marry me an echo from the past…..

Molly walks
Home

Poetry 09 5 16

Last edited by poetry on Mon May 25, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2009 11:34 pm

great poet poet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 2:41 am

mylife wrote:I have one. He is my husband. Unconditionally.

that is so awesome mylife and that is how marriage should be.......

Arohanui
poetry flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 4:33 am

Yeah I guess it is...but he is finding it difficult to understand me at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2009 11:55 pm

Understanding ourselves is hard enough let alone someone else Very Happy
Just remember he loves you....

((((((HUG TIME)))))))

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 12:03 am

I'll agree with you on that one poet...I can't even understand me!!

Just to bloody complex I am!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:41 am

lots of guests on this one to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:01 am

Hey there chaos

Guest number 1 here Very Happy Hope all is well, thinking of you. I like the new avatar - I said somewhere else 'check those breaks hun' in good humour, i hope you got what i meant re the truck lol.

Arohanui
sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Thanks poetry, from Guest # 2...

Think I'm ok for the time being, trying to take the weekends off from work completely..yay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down