The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promoting this site

Go down

Promoting this site Empty Promoting this site

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 pm

Hey Pat and others,

I have been spreading the word about this site via word of mouth.

Have put it up on the message board for my psychology paper and also ask a firend of mine who chairs an intrest group to send the link out via his email list.

Roswell

Back to top Go down

Promoting this site Empty Re: Promoting this site

Post by ZenMonsta Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:11 am

hey ros....your suffering and studying...........ummmmmmm i am wondering how that works and is it helpful........or toooo much. Do you see in others yourself or are you distanced? Not being critical cos I am generally just interested cos my friends all come to me for advice etc and I wonder sometimes if I am a suitable person to give any kind of advice.
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:28 am

Hey monsta,

It can be hard doing study well being unwell. A lot of the time motivation is lacking espically when I am low. I ahve alot of stuff going on in my life at the momment beyond my control, study is my thing.

I find all my firends use to and still come to me for advice, it is cos I ahve experienced a lot and I presume it will be the same for you.

As to wither or not you are the right kind of person to be giving advice it is up to you and the person seeking advice. They have to to you for help so they do think you are the right person for what ever reason.

Persoanlly I find it really hard talking to people who are thinking or have self harmed cos I feel a hypocriate (sp?) and feel I am not the right person to be talking to bout that.

The important thing is to protect your welfare and look after yourself first, you can't help them if you don't help yourself.

You will notice since the mid 1990's there has been a big shift to consumer based or peer support programes in the mental health field. It is cos the formal systems are lacking so we relie on our own community.

I hope this helps monsta.

Feel free to discuss this more with me if you want.

Ros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down