The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books I Wish I could Find

3 posters

Go down

Books I Wish I could Find Empty Books I Wish I could Find

Post by Paddy Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:50 am

"How to Close Cupboards Quietly - A Guide for People Living In Close Quarters".

Arrrrgh. The old dear next to me, is not too skilled in the art of gently fitting a door into its frame. Slam. Bang. Slam. Fuck (Thats me, not her or her cupboards).

I was so looking forward to not doing my dishes tonight (not any easy decision for someone with OCD's) but I was driven to it. A very noisy dishes session. Noisy washing. Noisy stacking. Noisy drying. Noisy putting away, and then just cos I still had a wee bit of energy, a wee cupboard contents rearrangement. That was noisy, too.

Petty, Patrick, very petty. Bloody satisfying, tho.

Damn, I miss not living in the countryside, with no neighbours. A year of this place, come Saturaday. Who'da thunkd, eh? A former professional property manager, head of local authority property departments, former lifestyle property owner blah blah blah, getting by in a wee council flat in a shithole town where I still know no one, eh?

Must be bed time. And If I hear the bloke on the other side of the wall snoring tonight, like I often do, it won't be pretty. Arrrrrgh.

Rant over.

Nite.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Books I Wish I could Find Empty Re: Books I Wish I could Find

Post by lil_miss_haley Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:53 pm

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I dont need to hear my flatmates laughing, screaming, squealing or talking when Im trying to sleep!!!! Makes me so mad!!

So just to let them know I turn the tv on as loud as I can. Seems to fix things Razz

I miss the country too Pat.. best place in the world to live. Oh well, new flat will be great Very Happy
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi Paddy

Good feeling releasing the frustration... not petty! I hope there was a wee smirk on your face as you went off to sleep.

I don't know the background to your living arrangements eg small place, etc. But can you move area location?

Must say grief jumps up out of your vent in regards to what you have achieved and lost. My heart goes out to you Paddy... keep venting, slamming doors - turn up the music Smile

Thinking of you

Poetry

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:16 am

LOL Paddy your post made me giggle! Infact i might have even chuckled!

Should this occasion happen again heres another great tip: Open the cuttlery draw fast and you can make all sorts of lovely clink clink noise! Wink

I came from a shithole town to the big city and guess what? No friends here, Its not my cup of tea here either!

Your an awesome person paddy im just happy your living quaters let you have internet!

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 7:43 pm

I reckon there should be a book about "how to stop boys (siblings) from fighting with each other the minute they set eyes on one another when they are tired".

Trouble is the name is a bit too long.

Honestly, my two boys.. for example last night we took them to Macdonalds for dinner as a treat and they argued over what the toys were going to be .. no thank you mum and dad, buggas.. told them my boot would fit fair and square in thier butt and shove them out on the footpath for them to walk home. Given it was dark..they were tooo keen on that...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down