The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My NEW medication came with a strange warning???

2 posters

Go down

My NEW medication came with a strange warning??? Empty My NEW medication came with a strange warning???

Post by angiebabe Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Okey Dokey,

I've been on a new anti-depressant that I had not had before ---and actually I think it suits me well Surprised , I'm on 75mgs per day of Nortriptyline (Norpress), apparently an oldie but a goodie.

And apart from ............do not combine with alcohol, and DO NOT STOP taking,
it also says::::::

""Protect yourself from too much sunlight"" wtf?? Rolling Eyes

I cant find the reason when I've done any googling on it----why do U think??.

Its fairly important as I'm off to sunny Fiji soon. Laughing
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

My NEW medication came with a strange warning??? Empty Found this for ya

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Tricyclic antidepressants may cause your skin to be more sensitive to sunlight than it is normally. Exposure to sunlight, even for brief periods of time, may cause a skin rash, itching, redness or other discoloration of the skin, or a severe sunburn. When you begin taking this medicine: Stay out of direct sunlight, especially between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., if possible. Wear protective clothing, including a hat. Also, wear sunglasses. Apply a sun block product that has a skin protection factor (SPF) of at least 15. Some patients may require a product with a higher SPF number, especially if they have a fair complexion. If you have any questions about this, check with your health care professional. Apply a sun block lip balm or lipstick that has an SPF of at least 15 to protect your lips. Do not use a sunlamp or tanning bed or booth. If you have a severe reaction from the sun, check with your doctor

Back to top Go down

My NEW medication came with a strange warning??? Empty Re: My NEW medication came with a strange warning???

Post by Paddy Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:13 am

Here is the Medsafe sites link to its Consumer Info on Norpress.

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/n/norpress.htm
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

My NEW medication came with a strange warning??? Empty Re: My NEW medication came with a strange warning???

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down