The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sobriety MAY be one step closer!?...

+7
Guerrilla Roach
lowdown
ZenMonsta
peterpam
jomatt
lil_miss_haley
Dylan27
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sobriety MAY be one step closer!?... Empty Sobriety MAY be one step closer!?...

Post by Dylan27 Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:46 am

Well,I have finally booked (another) appointment with the intake co-ordinator at CADS(Community Alcohol and Drug Services)-Lets hope I have the strength and/or sobriety on Thursday to go this time!.FIVE days sober so far,doesnt seem much to some,but for me and others it feels like a lifetime since I've had a drink and its all I can think about.My mind is playing tricks on me.Hope it gets easier coz at the moment this tunnel seems pretty fuckin long!..

Dylan27

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Sobriety MAY be one step closer!?... Empty Re: Sobriety MAY be one step closer!?...

Post by lil_miss_haley Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:23 am

Good on you!!! So proud, thats a huge step and 5 days is a big thing Smile
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Sobriety MAY be one step closer!?... Empty Re: Sobriety MAY be one step closer!?...

Post by jomatt Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:00 am

Hi Dylan

Great effort, good on you. (((hugs)))

Joanne cheers
jomatt
jomatt

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:09 am

Hey Dylan,

Congrats on getting five days sober. Everyday is a huge step for you and I wish you all the best on your journey.

Stay strong and true.

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:41 am

Well done Dylan and tomorrow will be another day closer. Congrats to you, Yah Hooo.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 pm

That's awesome news Dylan - congratulate yourself, yes your one step closer, closer to freedom.

Wishing you all the best.

Poetry

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Congrats Dylan

5 days is awesome and I am really proud of you. Every day is a gift. Fill your time until your appt with healthy distractions and people who can help and support you. I know you can make it.

Dont let anything stop you from making this appt Dylan, whether you maintain sobriety until then or not (and I am sure you can). Only you can knowif you are truly reaady but I sense a desperate need for change in you and more importantly a desire to make yourself and life healthy again.

You can do this and remember you can txt me at anytime.

I am happy to share with you and the rest of TBBD that I am 150 days sober today! Yayyyyyyyyyy for me!!

Take care Dylan
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:58 pm

I alsp meant to say Dylan that if you would like someone to chat to on your appt morning just give me a txt and we can talk for a bit if it wil help.
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Well done Dylan! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:19 am

cheers

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Roach Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:34 am

cheers Good on ya mate!!!! Smile
Guerrilla Roach
Guerrilla Roach

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan27 Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:50 am

Thanx for your kind words everyone.At this stage Im more nervous about havin a anxiety/panic attack at my meeting!.I rung them and asked if any of their councellors did outcalls(because of my agrophobia),but I have to go in for my first appointment,after that they may be able to sort something.So fingers crossed I make it........
Oh and thanx Zen,and well done to you!!!!:)I text you around Easter and didnt hear back,so wondered if you'd recieved?

Dylan27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:50 am

How ya doing today... I think this is fan-bloody- tastic! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:51 am

Hey look you'll be fine..

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:28 am

Hi Dylan good luck for tomorro, i hope you get a good nights sleep tonight and head off to your appointment with positive thoughts and remember to BREATHE! I was the same i would get to the carpark and just be a mess butttttttt remember to breathe, deep breathes, puff on rescue remedy to help u calm down. You have nothing to be embarrased or scared about just go in there and breathe the whole time i cant stress how important it is to breathe! Just take it slow! Speak slowly if you have to, and pause. Just take your time. I know what its like i have panic attacks too i have to stop and breathe listen to my breathing and talk to myself, good things. I stutter alot or turn into a jabba jaws so pauses are my new best thing. Silence is not a bad thing. You will be fine. Will be sending positive vibes your way! All the best! and lastly ... no matter how this first meeting goes do come back and tell us how it went cos we care and have been through it too!

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi Dylan

I hope you check in here this morning. I know today may seem arduous but please remember that you have friends here and that we all support you in seeking to better your life.

Remember to txt if you need to (I am in therapy myself from 8-10.30 this morning) but I will txt back when I am free.

All the best mate, Im thinking of you!

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Good luck today Dylan hope all goes well mate. Im with monsta, you do have friends here and we are all for supporting you.

Looking forward to seeing your update Smile

Haley x
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:50 pm

You CAN do it .... Go well Dylan ....... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan27 Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:59 am

Hey everyone,well I didnt sleep last night and felt sick all morning anticipating a panic attack,but the important part I guess is,that I went!Smile.Was only a meeting with the intake co-ordinator,but its a start,and they're keen to assign me a councillor asap,so heres hoping.Funny thing was,the rest of my day has been the hardest one to abstain from drinking so far.I guess during the last week I've just been focussing on just making it till Thursday sober.Was so hard not to reward myself with a drink or 20!!!.I came REALLY close,which guts me a bit,but I guess the important part is I made it through.Day 9 coming up......
I made a few sayings in my head the last few days for my weak moments...
"It doesn't matter if you know HOW you'll get through it,just trust that you WILL"
"Turn your moment of weakness into your Hour of Power"

Oh and thankyou all very much for your support and kind words,it made a HUGE difference!-in fact you guys are probably the reason I followed through with it.Comfort from total strangers,that aren't strange to me at all!Smile.So if you've had a bad day,take comfort in the fact that today your words helped a total stranger in his hour of need!Smile

Dylan27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:39 am

Great Dylan...keep it up...I am soo.. proud of you!

Please keep us posted as to how your going? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:41 am

Awesome Dylan!!!!!!!!!!!!! you did it!! you are in charge now not the bottle..

So wrapt for you, we are all here for you, thinking of you. Kia kaha is my wee mantra be strong.

Take care and congratulations... have the best sleep tonight

Poetry

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:21 am

Thats fantastic Dylan! Good on ya mate, great to hear we helped out, but it was you that went Smile Looking forward to hearing more updates

Haley x
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:23 pm

HI Dylan and congratulations!

I am proud of you my friend. I hope you slept well last night sound in the knowlege that you ahve taken the first step on your journey to health.

YOu did better than me in staying sober after your 1st meeting with Cads so welll done my friend. I am not sure how long it is until your next appt but just take one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time if you have too.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Take care my friend!

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Roach Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:08 am

Brilliant!! You can do it mate! Smile The first steps along a path towards empowerment and a new life.
Guerrilla Roach
Guerrilla Roach

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by spacedman Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:31 am

Howsit dude, I myself had the mean as drink & green problem I just wanted to get messed up every hour.. Thing is I really paid for it I lost my job, gf, and very lucky I didn't lose my family. It was really hard to give up for the first few weeks but after that it was surprisingly easy Very Happy I ended up having to ditch a few mates though as they didn't understand.. But Im soo so glad I did this ! My thoughts are differant these days and its crazy how much more I get up to.. The days are really quite long !

spacedman

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next