The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi im new here...and i want to take the first step

2 posters

Go down

Hi im new here...and i want to take the first step Empty Hi im new here...and i want to take the first step

Post by Kali01 Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:47 am

ive been meaning to go see a councillor the past 2 years but always find a reason not to go.

any recommendations of a professional in CHCH and how to make taking this first step any easier? i 've had trouble going out the last few months on my own, i find it very unnerving.

thx

j

Kali01

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Hi im new here...and i want to take the first step Empty Re: Hi im new here...and i want to take the first step

Post by Guest Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:57 am

Hey J.

Get in touch with the Depression Support Network (DSN). They are really good, have a lot of infomation, run support groups etc.

In Christchurch you also have the Mental Health Resource Centre (Gloster Street).

I had some counciling through Rata Counselling last year and I found then very helpful.

It can be very unnerving gettign help but remember we are here if you want to talk.

All the best

Roswell alien

Back to top Go down

Hi im new here...and i want to take the first step Empty Re: Hi im new here...and i want to take the first step

Post by Paddy Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:58 am

Hi, Kali01,
Welcome and thanks for having the courage to post your question.

What flavour counsellor are you looking for? I know of a nationwide list of ACC-Approved counsellors; the link to that is http://www.acc.co.nz/claims/useful-information/treatment-provider-details/registered-counsellors/index.htm

Maybe someone else knows more about your options in Christchurch, but there will be several names on that ACC list, just to start things off for you.

Scarey times, eh. I think you might be on top of them tho cos you know its happening and are planning steps to take back control.

Best wishes, stay safe and don't be a stranger here.

Pat. Smile
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Hi im new here...and i want to take the first step Empty ty for the link/info :)

Post by Kali01 Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:49 pm

i'll have a look into those this morning.

cheers

Kali01

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down