The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi. I am new

+7
Admin (Paddy)
jomatt
logical-cents
Folly
lil_miss_haley
Chatzs et al
woppow
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hi. I am new Empty Hi. I am new

Post by woppow Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:41 am

Hello there.

This is my first time posting. I usually post on "Everybody depression Forums" - its worth a look. I came across this when I am doing research to see what kind of chat rooms are out there mainly just for youth.

I am 17 years old. and I have been in hospital 3 times in the last year due to being a risk to myself. and I have tryed to end my life 7 times. been in the police cells 5 times, and due to go to the youth court in a couple of days. But now I am sooo happy I didnt die.

I had a good mate who killed themselves almost two months. - she was 14. and that makes me just take a look at my life, Since then I decided I was never going to forget my friend who died. and Next year I am going to go and do a youth mental health course. So other people dont take their life. Like she did.

And yeah, I just wanted to pop in and say hello.
woppow
woppow

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-04-12

http://www.makeadifference.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Hi. I am new Empty Re: Hi. I am new

Post by Chatzs et al Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:46 am

hiya

glad to hear that you are still here Smile really really sorry to hear about your friend ((( hugs))) its great to see you have a goal and an excellent one too Smile
Chatzs et al
Chatzs et al

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:53 am

Hi Chatzs et al

Thanks. I just want to make people see that there is a way out. and suicide isnt a good way out.
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:07 am

Hey woppow good to see you found us. I was 18 when I was 'offically' diagnosed with depression.

So so sorry to hear about your friend ((hugs)). I am so happy your happy and dont want to end it all, and that you are looking to help others like you an me in the future

Haley x
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:25 am

Hi woppow

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. You have been through a lot for only 17. Thanks for posting here and take care Smile

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Things have just gone sooo much down hill Sad Something come up in the chatroom earlier tonight. which I thought I had gotten over...... but as I am banging my head, shaking, crying and looking at my wirst in a way I havent for about 2months, I am not over it.

But thanks everyone for your support. I wish I was a worth person of this caress. Sad

All the feelings of guilt is coming back. Mainly about my Mate who took her life. - I was the last person to txt her Sad I could of saved her.
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Hey wop,

How you feeling today? I too have had a mate take their life. Not a nice thing, That feeling of guilt will pass or at least subside. Unfortunately doesn't just disappear straight away. My mate passed away bout 4 years ago, there's still the odd time I try to work out how I could of stopped him.

Anyway hope you're feeling a bit better today.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Suicide affects everybody. We have had one family member do this, but he was in his mid forties and just felt so worthless.

But of course we are not all worthless, we are here for a purpose. Wop, you look absolutly stunning, hope you enjoyed that boat ride.

I am on the way up today, and must admit that when I am down I find some special photos to look upon to try and cheer me up. Not ness of my boys either. For example, last night I started to look through my father in laws photos, now he has everything you could think of and it 79 this year. Thought I would get a wedding day photo for him and one of his honeymoon printed on canvas. Everything else he gets given just gets stored away. At least he can look at these and it is a time when he is happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Hey Lizzie

I'm sorry that what came up in the chat room has brought all these feelings up. Have you been to counselling or therapy recently? It might be helpful. I know from experience things that we think we are 'over' or have forgotten about still manage to surface at times we dont want them to-unless we deal with them.

About you mate, try not to torture yourself with the what ifs. You don't deserve to do that to yourself and there is nothing you can change now.

I really hope you got some sleep last night and managed to keep yourself safe. Hopefully we can talk later.

I love you Folly I love you

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Sorry to those I talked to in the chat room earlier this morning. Lets just say I am shouldnt drink.

Sorry to all. - even those I didnt annoy in the chat room with my hmm drunkenness. Sorry for being born. Im giving myself two weeks. if things havent gotten even the littlest better, Im out.
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by jomatt Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Hey Wop

It was great chatting to you last night, it wasn't annoying it was fun so don't think you're being a pain.

Please don't think of doing any harm to yourself , reach out and talk to someone, are you able to talk to your parents or a close friend??? Don't suffer alone.

We are here for you too (((hugs))).

Hope to catch up with you later. I love you

Joanne
jomatt
jomatt

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:25 pm

well I just fucked things up with a guy I like. and I cant fucken harm myself coz my friend is up and here
Sad
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:22 pm

well I for one am glad your friend is "up and here". Maybe the guy has the problem and not you?.

Com'n Woppow, do you really want to put people through what your friend did a while ago? Remember, the very people that you hurt could be suffering from depression too... and you just don't know it. If you kill yourself, they may just blame themselves and do the same.

Your life is worth living, and really it has only just begun. We are all human and make mistakes, it is part of who we are.

Keep you chin up girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:07 am

I think I'm gonna come across as an ass here, but I think I'm willing to take that risk.

I really don't like attention seekers who use suicide as a means of getting attention. Sure, you get people that give you the "poor you, poor you" response you want. but does it really help?

Unless you take constructive steps to something about the things that are bugging you, you will always just be writing pathetic suicide threats, and getting the obligatory "poor you, poor you" response.

But not from me.

JK.

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:21 am

Yeah, ur right I am "attention seeker"

Sorry to all. See in real life I am really happy, and I just do this for fun. and to get a quick laugh.

You know what? I dont actually care. I have meet some nice people on here, VERY nice people. and what was I saying, thats right, hmm, thanks for yet another person thinking I am Attention Seeking. thanks. well actually I do care! I have tryed. I am trying. But yeah. it makes me angry
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Jaffakiwi I think that was uncalled for. In fact, that was discusting. Here on TBBD we offer support and give support. Telling someone who is seeking support that they are an attention seeker? That is not support. It is comments like that that can send people over the edge.

Woppow, Im glad that you dont care about that comment. I know that people thinking that I was an attention seeker was what prevented me from getting help in the first place. Big hugs to you and Ill be thinking of you today xxx
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:18 pm

haley, i can understand how our opinions might differ.

My belief is that instead of offering sympathy, it is more constructive and productive to address and tackle the issues.

In her short time here wop has made a number of attention seeking (there - i said it again) references to suicide, but doesn't appear to want to help herself at all.

Ultimately, I believe she is better supported by being 'encouraged' to take a proactive approach to her issues. To not just ask for sympathy, but for real support that can produce results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 am

good luck woppow for today..hope to hear from you soon.

alien

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Mon May 11, 2009 5:18 am

Ok, as most of you will know in the last couple of days I havent been doing soo well. I was all set tonight to say goodbye to cruel world, I even brought what I needed to aid my death.

anyways I got an awesome bday card. Very Happy

and I have an interview for Adventure Conservation course ran by the ymca its 20 weeks. and free. I thought it was going shit as we talked for about 20 mins about my mental health :S - I thought it was better to be straight up about it. and say I have been in hospital 3 times. and had a few run ins with the police. But he said Well Lizzie, the course starts on 27th July. I will look forwards to seeing you then.

SO I AM SUPER HAPPY!!!!!!!
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Mon May 11, 2009 6:11 am

Well, wouldn't you have felt silly, lying there on a cold slab with all this potential gone to waste, eh?

I'm really pleased you didn't. And Happy Birthday Very Happy

One of the best reasons I can think of against suicide is that with my luck, tomorrow woulda turned out to have been a much better day.

And what do you know eh? You've discovered that too! Good. Hang on to that knowledge, cos its going to help in the future.

Welcome to the Survivors Club, woppow. Oh, and its Life Membership, sorry. Terminable by natural causes only, same as everyone elses here.

flower
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 7:44 am

that is absolutly brilliant woppow - and like the new piccie!! brilliant, brilliant.. bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Very excited for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Mon May 11, 2009 7:52 am

Congratulations Woppow - that's such great news - something to look forward to, which is always good. ..... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 8:01 am

Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 6:13 am

hey wop? how ya doing now?

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Fri May 22, 2009 6:07 am

Well im alive. struggling to sleep, eat, think, even the basic. I am not sure how long i will be able to keep going. But I am too scared of failing another attempted
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: