The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter

3 posters

Go down

Winter Empty Winter

Post by _wizza_ Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:51 pm

No dont know about u guys but down here in sunny (not) Dunedin its starting to show that winter is on the way...and the winter blues will be coming Sad any ideas as to avoiding the winter blues??
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Winter Empty Re: Winter

Post by lil_miss_haley Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Stay in bed with the heater on all day? Gosh I wish I could be doing that now, its so cold outside.

I like to take time for myself in winter, and sometimes its easier to do it because its cold and wet outside. Things like run a nice bath, read a book, or read my cosmo (always relaxes me!!)
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:25 am

The winter blues also know as season affection disorder are just round the corner. It has to do with the lack of sunliht hours and the vitims(sp) we get from the sun espically vit D.

There are a lot of treatments for it include a light box etc but Try to spend atleast half an hour outside even if it overcast.

Back to top Go down

Post by _wizza_ Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:45 pm

thats hard to do when dunedin gets not much sun in winter!! will try that tho....very hard to get motivated in winter....just want to stay in bed and hibernate
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Roach Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:23 pm

The South Island is a cold place in winter, and Dunedin is often lacking in sun, especially in the valleys. I'm in Christchurch and it's cold enough here. My solution, electric blanket on and cup of herbal in my hand Smile.
Guerrilla Roach
Guerrilla Roach

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down