The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ConFuSed===I Dont know the reason 4 my depression???

4 posters

Go down

ConFuSed===I Dont know the reason 4 my depression??? Empty ConFuSed===I Dont know the reason 4 my depression???

Post by angiebabe Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:31 am

This is REALLY puzzling me at the mo.......

I had a happy childhood,
I've NOT been Abused=NO Drugs=NO addiction to alcohol=NOT been raped=NOT witnessed anything bad
SO I can't pin-point my depression to anything specific?? Rolling Eyes
Have just had tons of blood tests done to rule out anything hormonal--theve come back-Normal!!
I suppose something way way back in a distant old memory may be bought back to life with my pshcologist, and then I'll have a """AhAh"" moment?.
Heres hoping anyway.
alien
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

ConFuSed===I Dont know the reason 4 my depression??? Empty Re: ConFuSed===I Dont know the reason 4 my depression???

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:24 am

There does not have to be an event to set depression off.

Current research has shown that despression can be heredity so if someone in your family has had clinical depression you are more supseptble to it.

Any small thing or life change, exercise routine, diet etc.

Just hang in there

Back to top Go down

ConFuSed===I Dont know the reason 4 my depression??? Empty Re: ConFuSed===I Dont know the reason 4 my depression???

Post by huttlady Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:19 am

Some people just get it, its the way chemicals in their brain work.
Or it can be hereditary, or from an external trigger.

You may not be able to pin-point it, but that won't stop you from dealing with it.

Good Luck.
huttlady
huttlady

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:39 am

I too fall in the category of not understanding why I have this illness.

Pinpointing the reason would surely be a great help, but in the meantime, just worry about how you can manage it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Angiebabe, I am another with no reason I can find for my depression. I have searched and searched and no skeletons in closet or bodies under the carpet I can blame it on.

Its good to check out everything, but once you have exhausted all possibilities, you've just got to get on with life. It is what it is.

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by _wizza_ Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:36 pm

yeap i understand what u mean angiebabe-im exactly the same. i woke up 1 day 3years ago depressed -although it runs in my mums side (all females have it) .
my psycologist (b4 i stopped goin) was taking to me about the nature\nurture debate surrounding depression,

its frustrating isnt it?? how are we able to fix it when we dont know where it stems from?? i do hope u find answers though angiebabe
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down