The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Depression Initiative (www.depression.org.nz)

2 posters

Go down

National Depression Initiative (www.depression.org.nz) Empty National Depression Initiative (www.depression.org.nz)

Post by The Red Wizard Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:31 am

I am lucky to have the opportunity to newly join and chair the Advisory Group of the National Depression Initiative and would welcome members views on how they would like to see the programme develop including the TV Adverts, website, the Journal, the Lowdown etc etc.
I have a lived experience of recovery from severe depression and I am a suicide attempt survivor. I have been fortunate in being able to work in the field of mental health for over 25 years giving something back and trying to make life better for people like us who experience ill health and all that comes along with it. Thank you for the opportunity to join the group and be supported in changing things for the better for all in New Zealand/Aotearoa who currently, or will, be challenged by the big black dog of Depression. Go well and keep holding on to hope!
The Red Wizard
The Red Wizard

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-08-23

Back to top Go down

National Depression Initiative (www.depression.org.nz) Empty Re: National Depression Initiative (www.depression.org.nz)

Post by zin Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi Red Wizard, it is nice to have you on board and to see your post, welcome to the forum. You will be pleased to know I am one of the users of the Journal, when I was going through a bad bout of depression. I still live with depression, but am on an even keel at the moment. I am always pleased to see the tv adverts, it would be nice to see them more often, but I realise advertising is expensive. Holding on to hope is important, when I was very ill I lost all hope, not a good place to be in to say the least.
Hugs

Zin
zin
zin

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down