The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the margins of a book called 'The Artist's Way' .......

2 posters

Go down

From the margins of a book called 'The Artist's Way'   ....... Empty From the margins of a book called 'The Artist's Way' .......

Post by daze7 Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:10 am

Book: The Artist’s Way …. By Julia Cameron

These little quotes are in the margins of the pages of this book. For me, they sometimes take my mind off on other thought tracks – and replace the depression thoughts that can take over so easily. Take what you want and leave the rest! The book is interesting too! It's not only about being an artist.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

You need to claim the events of your life to make yourself yours.
– Anne-Wilson Schaef

Like an ability or a muscle, hearing your inner wisdom is strengthened by doing it.
- Robbie Gass

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary. - Pablo Picasso

The most potent muse of all is our own inner child. - Stephen Nachmanovitch

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. - Jean Houston

The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.
- Carl G. Jung

Every child is an Artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he/she grows up. - Pablo Picasso

During (these) periods of relaxation after concentrated intellectual activity, the intuitive mind seems to take over and can produce the sudden clarifying insights which give so much joy and delight. - Fritjof Capra (Physicist)

Younger self - who can be as balky and stubborn as the most cantankerous three-year-old - is not impressed by words. Like a native of Missouri, it wants to be shown. To arouse its interest, we must seduce it with pretty pictures and pleasurable sensations – take it out dining and dancing as it were. Only in this way can Deep Self be reached.
- Starhawk (Theologian)

Nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small it takes time - we haven’t time - and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time. - Georgia O’Keefe

So you see, imagination needs moodling - long, inefficient, happy idling, dawdling and puttering. - Brenda Ueland

The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible. - Oscar Wilde

Nothing has a stronger influence, psychologically, on their environment, and especially on their children, than the unlived life of the parent. - Carl G. Jung

We have been taught to believe that negative equals realistic and positive equals unrealistic. - Susan Jeffers

****** Hope you enjoy ...... If you want more - Just tell me! ****** ..... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

From the margins of a book called 'The Artist's Way'   ....... Empty Re: From the margins of a book called 'The Artist's Way' .......

Post by greasemonkey Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:14 pm

thanks Daze...

Re
"Nothing has a stronger influence, psychologically, on their environment, and especially on their children, than the unlived life of the parent.
- Carl G. Jung"

This is the story of MY LIFE!

more please....these are good thoughts,some would be great to relax into during meditation.
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

From the margins of a book called 'The Artist's Way'   ....... Empty Re: From the margins of a book called 'The Artist's Way' .......

Post by daze7 Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:16 am

bumping for someone special
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:10 am

Many thanks Daze..... gr8 reading these quotes - you have me hooked lol

A book that helped me many years ago when i was anorexic - was passed on a book called 'You can heal your life" - The author will come to me and will post, one aspect of the workbook was mirror work.... looking at yourself and saying positive affirmations i had spent 8yrs saying how ugly and fat i was...one day i looked and was shocked at the sight of myself - weird how the brain can affect our ability to see what is real and what is not.... got it Louise Hay lol - is the author.

P.S - i passed the book on to an elderly lady...... I believe it will be in the hands of another who needs it now.

Poetry I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down