Book club :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Book club :)

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:47 am

Hi to all book lovers Smile

What are you reading??? I have just discovered Maureen Lee and enjoying her novels.

Also pleased to see Belinda Alexandra is launching a new novel. Book available in March. If I can..yeah right! May have to rent or wait a year for the price drop.

Paullina Simons new book? a song in the daylight, Has anyone read this???

study study study

Last edited by Poetry on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Book club :)

Post by kathchris on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:23 pm

I have being enjoying books by Katie Fford, I picked up one on friday by Lori lansens called "Rush home Road" which looks good but am not in the mood to read yet maybe later after baking.

kathchris

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 am

I have just finished readibg two of Patrica Cornwells novels. I really enoy them.

I have found it really hard to get into anything yet alone sit down and read.

Dont know what I am going to read next, I have a pile of books next to my bed.

If you want a good series of drama/crime/chick lit novels to read the body movers series by Stephine Bond is awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm just getting back into reading, I saw a movie I liked the other week called 'The City of Ember' which turned out to be a book. I've read the first 3 in the series and am onto the last one. First book is great, 2nd was ok, 3rd was disappointing but last one looks like its gunna be a good one.

I forgot how nice it is to read and just forget about everything else. So am on the lookout for more books Smile
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:47 pm

Haley,

Trademe is an awesome place to get bulk books from. I am looking forward to a delivery of Danielle Steel books off there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 am

I love libraries....I dont even mind paying late fines, It means they can buy more books! well, maybe not, but, .....

I have a bookshelf full, and I came to the desision, that I really had to stop buying them for space sake.
Apricot

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:24 am

i understand the lack of space with books. I have three boxes in my room full of books which i dont have space for on my bookcase.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi all Very Happy

I have been re-reading lesley Pearse, B Alexandra, Anita Shreive and some other's. I tend to read historical fiction, but am wanting to find a novel that is filled with humour.
I had a look around in a second hand shop only the one, cause I had the familiar anxiety attack and made a quick ' panic exit. 'The only section I was able to glance at, was 'chic flicks'. I want humour without the cliche love, soap story lines... (sorry -no offence if your into these Smile)

Can someone help, I would really love to find another author, one with a few chuckle story lines hmmm

Thanks
flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 pm

Last edited by wowinnz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi Wowinnz

I'm off to the library today, I am going to take up your advice to ASK the Librarians Smile Doh Poetry

I'll check out the fridge one, it does sound funny and now has me intrigued LOL.

I recently read Gold Dust by Kimberley Freeman - I enjoyed her style, lots of drama, but really liked her characters. Oh and the nice twist at the end.

I'll aslo have a look for Patrick Cornwells, thanks Roswell

Yah study Library visit number 3!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 02, 2010 3:31 am

Hi book lovers flower

By chance I came across this Author; Gerald Hammond. His style is mystery... He also writes under the pseudonyms Arthur Douglas and Dalby Holden.

I may have gone over the top today, I have only read one of his books. Today I left the library with six books by this Author. The nice lady found the other five, in the basement. Embarassed

study

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 02, 2010 5:11 am

Last edited by wowinnz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 02, 2010 6:48 am

"Sounds like your author has multiple personality disorder with that many pseudonyms !"

LOL wowinnz - I thought that too lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:26 pm

YIKES

I was reading through Trademe Books message board and came across....KINDLE SOBSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssss

OMD.... ebooks more sobs Electronic books....

The real book the one with paper and a cover, the one where you hear the sound of paper as you turn a page. the one that has a unique smell, ......may possibly become extinct.

Sooobbbssssssss

Back to top Go down

Post by tobycat on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 am

Oh Poetry - real books will never become extinct (I hope not anyway). I'm sure there is a place for both. I'm reading (using?) lots of non fiction (instructional/study stuff) at the moment. I've been enjoying rereading some stuff I read years ago, mainly Marilyn Duckworth (NZ author) but to be honest I think I need something a bit happier next. Ray of sunshine/uplifting sort of thing. Any suggestions? sunny

tobycat

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top