The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The weather and depression

4 posters

Go down

The weather and depression Empty The weather and depression

Post by lowdown Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:43 am

Not sure about you guys, but this heat is really getting me down and I find I am struggling to keep up the good thoughts that usually get me through the day. Heat = can't get done what I want to get done = starting to feel overwhelmed. And yes, I have decreased my expectations considerably of what I need to do, but some basic things still need to happen!

Add on top of that not being able to sleep because of the heat = things seem worse than they are as I am more tired than I normally am - which is VERY! pale

Anyone else struggling?

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

The weather and depression Empty Re: The weather and depression

Post by greasemonkey Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:53 am

no, not at this moment Lowdn.
I had a Bad night last night,couldnt sleep,but got it moving this morning early,and gradually it arose and filled me up,to Now.Im having a Beer and a Good time having just done the gardens and watering.

I know what you mean about HEAT though as here in Freo it sometimes reaches the 45 degree mark,and melting is what happens to me.
Any exhertion simply dies away as soon as i try to carry-out something,and i guess having no-clothes on in this kinda heat certainly restricts my movement about town.

Have you tried a Cool Bath,
throw some ice in from the freezer,and some herbs,and light a few candels(when its dark)and put on some beaute-music,
something to suit you.Steal the Bubbler from the fishes aquarium and place it in the Bath with you.Bubbles are soothing.lol
One mustnt be too hard on themselves with these ideas and goals we set ourselves.Take it easier,and plan something good for you
#1..
with love
Gm
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm

yea the heat is killing me too but its because I cant sleep. I turn into a grumpy cow when Im tired
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 pm

Sure was a hot weekend wasnt it? I dont mind the heat too much, but the flies do annoy me! I hate not being able to sleep or not knowing what to eat because hot food and cooking etc just sucks!

However, I cope better in summer because of the extra daylight and warm weather im able to do things that i enjoy. Picnics, swimming, and my usual hate - get washing dry! Being behind in household chores gets me down! Wayyy down!

It is tough though you cant go to bed early like i would in winter and all our energy gets zapped up by the hot sun! But for me im a summer person ... the sun puts a smile on my face and a squint in my eyes but hey i try and let it chase away the grey clouds that permanently live over me!

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:16 am

Yes I am the same as Claire, I find myself to be a much happier person over the Summer because of the extra daylight, and can find Winter with its constant grey skies to be a very difficult time.

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Amazing how a change in temps can change your moods. Its grey and overcast today but had a good nights sleep last night as was a lot cooler and less humid - and now the humidity has been blown/washed away I have started today feeling like I can do anything!

Much much happier... Very Happy

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:06 am

Here in Freo
the temperature rises above 45degrees sometimes...phew
laying naked outside waiting for the breeze sometimes I spead out
on the kids trampoline...
a sheet beneath me.
lol
The moon smiles.
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:06 am

LOL what a great post GM!

This weekend we had some much needed rain and some cooler weather! Was nice to actually need blankets on the bed!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down