The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Election 2008

Go down

General Election 2008 Empty General Election 2008

Post by Admin (Paddy) Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:34 am

jocolor Here's one for you all.

Are you registered to vote in this years general election? I am.

Do you know yet how you are going to vote? I don't.

If you could ask the Leaders of each of the Parties presently represented in Parliament one question, what would you ask them?

Now, here's what I thought we could do - find out just what the most important question that they could answer, is to us, and then, we ask them for their answers - which, if received, would be posted here. What do you think?

I'm really struggling right now to word what it is I'm thinking - but its along the lines of say, a WINZ-subsidised Internet allowance for Sickness and Invalids Beneficiaries, because the Net is just that - in more ways than one. It lets us be here, with family, friends, sell stuff, dare to dream about buying - heck, you guys know what the Internet means to you as part of your life. If it helps us live through and with our illnesses or injuries, why not recognise its role in our lives, by an allowance, just as with telephones themselves? Its another tool we use to try to feel part of something. Surely thats worth helping us with? I just don't quite know how to word it.

But anyway, its your thoughts that count now - you've read mine, so please don't be shy.

Stay safe,
Pat.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

General Election 2008 Empty Re: General Election 2008

Post by Admin (Paddy) Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:50 am

Or, ...
If you don't like that idea, here's one for you.

A baking Competition. I will post my home address, and be The Judge.

I can't eat anything with chocolate or nuts, but all other entries will be carefully considered, consumed, and marked out of 10. Hint: Quantity counts.

And if anyone is a vegetarian baker? I can't stand Brussel Sprouts, so please, don't even bother.

Pat
pig
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:55 am

I am on the invilids benifit at the moment and one of my course outside my uni studies is a business and computeing course. I appproached WINZ to help with the cost of software and computer to complete the course and was declined.

I was trying to up skill in an area that I knew i was weak in so once I get well I can re-enter the workforce.

I am currently at uni and do not qualify for a training incentive allowerance as my studies are post-graduate. I can no longer work in the field of my under-grad qualification and have had to retrain. More on my student loan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down