The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books available to be borrowed from TBBD Library

5 posters

Go down

Books available to be borrowed from TBBD Library Empty Books available to be borrowed from TBBD Library

Post by Paddy Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:28 pm

I've got a few books here that you are all welcome to borrow if you think they may be of help? If you are interested, leave me a message and I'll get in touch.

* "Taming The Big Black Dog - A guide to overcoming depression" by Bev Aisbett. ISBN 0 7322 6757 9.

* "Mothers Matter Too - A book for New Zealand Women at home" - by Jenny Phillips. ISBN 0 474 00117 2.

* "Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway. How to turn your fear and indecison into action and confidence" - by Susan Jeffers. ISBN 0 09 974100 8.

* "Instant Calm - over 100 successful techniques for relaxing mind and body" - by Paul Wilson. ISBN 0 14 024494 8.

* "People Making" - written to help families understand and better deal with 'family' pain - by Virginia Satir. ISBN 0 285 64872 1.

* "Sharing The Load" 'What to do when someone you love is depressed' by Gwendoline Smith. ISBN 1 86941 280 X. (Note: This copy has generously been donated by one of our members, so that others may benefit. Thats a pretty special thing to do and that member has my sincere thanks and admiration.)

The only catch is, if you wanna borrow any of them, you have to pay the postage cos I'm skint.

As and when I pick up other titles that may be of interest, I'll add them to the list. And if you have a book to recommend, or one you are looking for, mention it here - you don't know what might be lurking on peoples bookshelves.

Take care and have a great day.

Pat.
study
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Books available to be borrowed from TBBD Library Empty Re: Books available to be borrowed from TBBD Library

Post by greasemonkey Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:00 am

good on you Paddy,
wonderful guesture!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Books available to be borrowed from TBBD Library Empty Re: Books available to be borrowed from TBBD Library

Post by beanie Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:39 am

Good idea paddy. I've got a book called, "Help me, I'm sad"
'recognising, treating & preventing childhood & adolescent depression'.
Its aboput 10 years old but helpful if you have a child or adolescent with depression. If anyone wants it, pm me your address & I'll post it.
beanie
beanie

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by _wizza_ Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:52 pm

i have the book "taming the black dog-a guide to overcoming depression" by Bev Aisbett. if anyone wants to borrow it pm me your address =)
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Bump.

Very Happy
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks to the extraordinary generosity of one of our Members, TBBD Lending Library is growing. I have a a lot more books to list from this donation, but this will do to start with. Remeber, any of these books can be borrowed from me (contact via a Personal Message) for the cost of return postage.
--------------

"I could Do Anything - If Only I knew What It Was"
Discover what you really want - and how to get it.

Softcover, by Barbara Sher, 1999 Edition by Hodder Headline, 322 Pages, ISBN 0 7336 1114 1.

-------

"Breaking The Patterns of Depression"
by Michael D.Yapko, Ph.D, Doubleday, 1997. Softcover, 360 pages. ISBN 0 385 48370 8.

------

"Surviving PersonaL Bankrupty - your guide to the Personal, Legal and Financial issues"
by Nora Raum, published by Penguin, 2005. Softcover, 212 pages, ISBN 1 592 40158 9.

---------

"Stop The Insanity - Eat. Breathe. Move. Change the way you look and feel, forever."
Softcover, by Susan Power, 363 pages, ISBN 1 85797 323 2.

------

"Family First - your step by step plan for creating a phenomenal family"
by Dr Phil McGraw. Softcover, 286 pages, published by Simon & Schuster, 2004. ISBN 0 7432 6788 5.

-------

"Absolute Happiness - The Whole Story - The Way to Get a Life of Complete Fulfillment" by Michael Domeyko Rowland. Softcover, 1993, published by Self-Communications Pty. ISBN 0 646 16025 7.

-----
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down