The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I had a dream

Go down

I had a dream Empty I had a dream

Post by ZenMonsta Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:57 pm

there was a knock on my door..........still 1/2 asleep I pulled on a robe and answeered it. Standing in front of me was a very tall man with a single crutch whho looked vaguely familiar!

A moments silence and confusion passed between us. 'Hi' said the stranger........'Hi' I replied. He smiled and in an instance I knew that smile. I had never seen it. I had 'heard' it before from a distance.

'Come in' i said.........still a little confused and concerned. Concerned not for my safety but only for my appearance, I had after all just woken from a deep sleep, hair unkempt and brain still slightly fogged.

'I was just in the neighborhood' the friend continued. 'thought I would pop in and meet Miss Monsta' Clarity was now mine...this was my dear Pat, sweet friend and confidante!

'Oh' I replied. 'Come in, come in'

'Have a seat......would you like a coffee'

'Yes please' replied the friend.

I quickly removed part of my 'couch' bed, the place i curl up and nod off to a fitful sleep most nights....and scanned the room for any signs of hermt-age. Yes, the ironing board was up and the cats couch in the lounge and the were a few dishes on the kitchen bench and the laudry rack, only towels thank god, no frilly bits!

'I cant sit on your couch' said the friend as I reappeared from the kitchen to attempt to put the big cushions back on the couch....realising that this long leggy man wouldnt be able to crouch to my couch's level, with or without his back cond., I hastily pulled up a dining chair. 'I hope this is ok' I muttered, a little embarrassed. My leggy friend stretched and nodded and then sat!
'I did txt and try to call' he said. 'But you didnt answer your phone woman' 'Iwas asleep mate'.....pulling out my phone from under my the pillow my now somewhat tousled hair had been resting on not 5 mins earlier.......'Oh yes.....a missed call from YOU'

'I suspected you may have taken something to get you to sleep, a zoppi you little amatuer, but thought it was worth the risk' he said.

I smile to myself and quickly tried to pat down my mop of hair and pull my robe further around me to attempt a modicum of decency. This was not quite the meeting I had planned with my friend but I was surprised and pleased and felt just a tiny bit special. Its at these moments though that you can never find the things you need........only a part of my coffee plunger was available and so my friend got a somewhat grainy cup of coffee........'milk and 1 teaspoon of sugar' had been his request....although in a somewhat dazed state that teaspoon may possibly have been a desertspoon! Sorry about that mate!

He drank it anyway.....while we wiled away a few minutes of easy conversation. It wasnt entirely comfortable, due only to the hazy fog through which I wa trying to focus my chemically tired brain. But it was 'just' as my frind would have put it.

My mate didnt stay long....he made some pretenses about a brother up the road a bit further, but I am sure neither of us was convinced he would actually go and visit him.

I would and should have offered him shelter for the night and regret now not having done so.....but I am sure I couldnt have let him sleep on the floor and he would never have survived a night on my couch! I do regret my lack of hospitalit but a little 'notice' might be a good thing next time matey!

So I gave him a sheet (new and another story completely) and he went on his way into the night. I watched from the balcony as he walked to his spaceship and hoped he would have a safe journey 'home' at somewhat less than warp speed.

A little later I sent him a text hoping him safe yet again and with instruction to call when he was home.

I still havent heard!

I am a little, but not too, worried. He is afterall our fearless leader. I know this more so now.....because I know the effort and strength it must have taken him not only to drive so very far but to actually knock on my door.

Mate, I am glad you did. So very very glad! It was a pleasure and a privilege (but give me some bloddy notice next time lol agirl likes to look a little less like she just climbed out of her crypt when meeting new friends for the first time)

I am awake now..........and all is silent still.........I await a txt.

But then.....maybe it was all just a dream!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

I had a dream Empty Re: I had a dream

Post by ZenMonsta Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:58 pm

oh and just a postscript on all of this.........Pat and I have been conversing off TBBD for some time.......he has had a standing invite to visit for a coffee.....lol

i dont want to paint him as some creepy stalker.....this was a somewhat preplanned escapade!

take care all
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down