The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making A Difference: Giving A Voice to Mental Illness

Go down

Making A Difference: Giving A Voice to Mental Illness  Empty Making A Difference: Giving A Voice to Mental Illness

Post by Cycling_Hero Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:42 pm

Making A Difference: Giving a voice to mental illness

To whom it may concern,

My name is Sarah Clifford and I have suffered at the hands of mental illness. Recently I cycled New Zealand to raise money for the Mental Health Foundation and Youth Inpatient Unit in Christchurch. I know for a lot of New Zealanders that it is hard to find someone to talk to or some place where you can go and just chill out.

My goal here in this e-mail is to get some help with starting up a program for people who are suffering for mental illness, maybe weekly groups or I can go out and see them to motivate them. I would also like to start up some respite and residential houses in the near future.

I have started writing a program, I just need the people to kick it off.

My aim is to make a difference in people's life and I hope by starting this up I will make a difference and help people on the road to recovery.

If you would like to know more or are interested in helping me with this, please contact me on:

sarah.clifford@xtra.co.nz
021 312134 or 027 7772923

Kind regards

Sarah Clifford
(Founder & Director of Making A Difference)

Cycling_Hero

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-08-09

http://www.makeadifference.co.nz

Back to top Go down