The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP?! please read can omeone contact lizzie!!!

5 posters

Go down

HELP?! please read can omeone contact lizzie!!! Empty HELP?! please read can omeone contact lizzie!!!

Post by woppow Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:01 am

Hey this i olivia i used to come on here alot iv forgtn my login but have my best frends lizzie login she uesd to be very familiar round here , shes going though some trouble atm and has just in formed me that she overdosed im asking anyone that has a phone weather they could contact her as my phone i broken and i have no way of contacting her or anyone else other than the inernet and dnt know where else i can ask.

Last edited by Admin (Paddy) on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Personal Contact info removed by request to Admin. Paddy.)
woppow
woppow

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-04-12

http://www.makeadifference.co.nz

Back to top Go down

HELP?! please read can omeone contact lizzie!!! Empty Re: HELP?! please read can omeone contact lizzie!!!

Post by Admin (Paddy) Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:53 am

Olivia, Hiya.
Um, I'm not quite sure what to do here - I do think you need to find some way to let the Police know, if you are still concerned? Are you able to use a phone at a neighbours?

I'm really sorry if my reply sounds hard, but TBBD isn't equipped in any way, shape or form, to respond to a crisis or call for help such as this.

Personally, I'm fed up with folk who deliberately misuse meds and stuff the system around because each time that happens, it makes things just that little bit harder for the rest of us when we reluctantly ask for help. Sorry, but I'm not able to contact her except by email which would require her cooperation in answering quickly, honestly and fully. And me maybe being on line for hours, which I can't do today.

I have no doubt that Lizzie is unwell, but if she has the ability to contact you, then she can also directly contact others for help. She knows who to call because this is not new behaviour. And it shouldn't be you she puts this on. Thats not the behaviour of a real good pal.

Paddy.
Site Admin, TBBD.

Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

HELP?! please read can omeone contact lizzie!!! Empty Re: HELP?! please read can omeone contact lizzie!!!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:36 am

I have talked to Lizzie tonight. I got her to contact the Police and they have been informed, if is is uncontactable it is likely she is with the Police etc.

I have helpped the last 3 nights and at other times. To be honest I am getting sick of it. I understand she is unwell at the momment but she has the support of Community Mental Health, she has a key worker and her mother.

I am unwell atm and she is putting me in a tough spot. I am with Paddy. She has all the supports in the word yet I cant even get the Crisis team out to see me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:40 am

Dear Olivia

Lizzie has choices, we all do. We can choose to harm / not harm, choose to behave in a criminal manner/or obey the law of the land, mentally ill people are harmless. Behaviour is a personal choice Olivia.

If I needed a doctor or someone to listen to me I wouldn't lean on someone who was also struggling, I would get the right help and contact the right people. Involving you and others in the same predicament merely serves to dramatize an already bad situation for a tired audience.

Please take care of yourself.

Love Martinexx

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:42 am

sorry guys i jut pannicd and dint know what else to do, i agree with everything u said though im findng it hard to be a contant support all the ime-i love lzzie to bits but im over having to do everything so often
thankx anyway
xx olivia
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Olivia I spoke to another forum member on the phone this evening.

She is wise and full of good sense and she reminded me of emotional "detachment"

This means you can still be a good friend to your friend but your own emotions aren't getting tangled up with hers.

I know its scary and you want to rescue but its not within your power to do so right now, if ever.

Keep yourself safe at all costs because only then will you be able to be a worthwhile friend without falling apart yourself. Choose the right thing to do that is within your power.

Love Martinexx

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffakiwi Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:36 pm

I was glad to see Paddy and Roswell's responses in this thread. We can't keep reacting to the attention seeking "girl who cried wolf" types if they're just gonna do it again and again...

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:54 am

jaffakiwi wrote:I was glad to see Paddy and Roswell's responses in this thread. We can't keep reacting to the attention seeking "girl who cried wolf" types if they're just gonna do it again and again...

I never thought that from a place like here that would hear someone auctally say somethng like that, sorry paddy and the rest of you you dont need to add to your already streeful lives i shouldnt have asked anyone to do anything im sorry i put that on you and to jaffakiwi i feel disoponted that someone would auctally say that about someone else you know im sick of doing stuff for lizzie sometimes and sometimes i hate having to be there sometimes but not all the time, because all her positives out weighs the negitives , i find it hard ill admit that but i would never go and say that anyone that used these forums are 'attention seeking' even if i thought they were i wouldnt ever post it because what you didnt realise was lizzie just saw everything and she feels like shit beause i told her to look at this forum because i felt bad that i hadnt let her know that i had posted about her on here but i didnt realised the comment from you jaffakiwi, so i just want to let you know how disappointed i am that someone would go and say this about someone on this forum, and next time ill reli on myself to help my best friend because she deft didnt deserve that last comment. Shocked
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:05 am

I think that what you got, was a fairly honest response from those who chose to Post in your Thread.

I know from My perspective, as Admin and / or a Moderator, that there was nothing I could do. I'm limited by a few physical hurts to sit here very long at my computer at any time of the day or night. And ...

I have an Telephone Phobia and in the year just gone, I have literally made less than 10 telephone calls for any reason. Yes, I'll sometimes answer my phone if I get the chance to, but even when its an planned call from friends, I'm still terrified by the phone ringing. Nor do I use my cellphone except for a very few texts when I remember to put credit on it.

From the very start of TBBD I have said that 'We', being the members and myself, can't offer a personal crisis saviour service. TBBD does not have the resources needed to react to crisis like that. The TBBD Admin 'office' is a wee space between my fridge and the couch. Admin himself is a middle aged crippled mad man. That I have on one occasion last year been able to respond to a crisis on TBBD from a new member, was purely fortuitous.

I'm not offering any apologies, tho I offer empathy.

This could be an watershed moment for her.

The young woman concerned, has finally found a place where she is face to face, albeit via computers with realistic responses from other adults of varying ages etc to her chosen paths or actions. These are honest reactions from her peers. Hopefully, that will open her eyes and think hard about why we maybe react as we do?

I feel for the poor souls from the various 'Emergency Services' who have to deal with ongoing regular attention seeking behaviour such as hers, and many other folk around the country - they must have the Patience of Saints.

Every action has consequences. Sometimes, the harsh truth is a consequence. Its great to know that the two of you are such close friends, but I stand by what I said when I said it is very unfair of your friend to encumber you with her consequences. Contact can as easily be made with the right folk as with the good but not right folk.

Paddy.
Admin, Moderator etc.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down