The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overserious? ... read this!

3 posters

Go down

Overserious?    ...   read this! Empty Overserious? ... read this!

Post by daze7 Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:44 am

Over serious Anonymous12 steps

1. We admitted that we were powerless over seriousness -- that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that only by lightening up could we achieve a state of non-seriousness.

3. Made a decision to turn our constant self-criticism over to our sense of humor and learn to "lovingly and wholeheartedly" laugh at ourselves.

4. Decided to give ourselves a break once in a while, instead of constantly doing searching and fearless moral inventories of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being that our wrongs were often in our heads.

6. Were entirely ready to accept that our characters were as good as anybody else's and possibly better than most.

7. Quit harping on our shortcomings.

8. Made of list of all persons we thought we had harmed and saw that they'd forgotten all the crap we'd blown out of proportion.

9. Quit making amends for breathing air and taking up a few square feet of the planet's surface.

10. Resigned ourselves to the fact we were going to criticize ourselves at times, but would try to stick to our guns when we knew we were right.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to calm down and realize we're not responsible for everything.

12. Having experienced immense relief from these steps, we would try to carry this message to other over-serious people and to practice these principles in all of our affairs.

Author unknown.

Are we having fun yet? ................... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Overserious?    ...   read this! Empty Re: Overserious? ... read this!

Post by nzmum Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:03 am

hehe i like number 6 and 9 Very Happy

nzmum

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffakiwi Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:04 am

Overseriousness is definitely something I suffer from... I often miss jokes because I'm being too serious.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down