The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Hot, innit?

3 posters

Go down

Bloody Hot, innit? Empty Bloody Hot, innit?

Post by Paddy Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:03 am

Crikey, I don't think I do humid weather very well. I feel like I need a shower every hour or so, but that ain't gunna happen - for one thing, it would take more energy than I can muster up.

My pillow gets soaked with sweat from my head overnight and it needs to sit outside in the fresh air every day, just to dry out. Eeeew. And its not dribbles, they all end up in me whiskers, not on the pillow, lol.

I miss not being able to go out for an evening walk on me mobility scooter - it don't have lights and the local Constabulary has already had words with me about that, sigh. As if lights would make a difference - I can run into things in broad daylight on it, so a bitta darkness shouldn't be a problem, should it?

I went for a very brief walk this arvo on crutches and my bloody cat followed me down the road and into a park. I think she got a fright, cos she was home before me, lol. I think she's found another mouse nest somewhere close too, cos she's been dining on mice on and off all day, it seems. I do hope she brushes her teeth before coming in for cuddles, eeeew, mouse breath. Yuk.

Oooops, I was sniffing a big Red Rose today and um, it kinda fell off the rose bush and into my hand; my bad. Mind you, it does look good on me bookcase, pffft. Smells good, too.

Paddy.

Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Bloody Hot, innit? Empty Re: Bloody Hot, innit?

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:12 am

Yep has been hot alright.

Stops us good folk from zzzzzzzzzzzing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:22 pm

How about rigging a torch up on the front of your scooter so you can go for a walk when you feel like it? I am sure an inventive chap like you could figure it out, then you would also have a rose holder to make the torch look prettier during the day when you don't need the torch there. I keep my overhead fan on at night for the heat and it seems to be doing the job quiet well this year thank goodness.
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by graciejane Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:31 am

I do not handle the heat very well either.I can't stand humidity,hate that clammy feeling too.The stong nor'west winds often give me headaches,not to mention they blow the house apart when you have all the doors open to try & cool it down a bit.My man wanted to move to Perth (until I put it off the agenda permanently!)Can't understand why I have trouble with the heat.I'm only 36 but I can totally understand what mum means about hot flushes,except mine can last all day.

graciejane

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down