The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought today was going to be good.

3 posters

Go down

I thought today was going to be good. Empty I thought today was going to be good.

Post by beanie Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:39 am

I decided the fact I didn't achieve anything would be helped by me having a detailed plan.
So, last night I drew up a schedule of what I was going to do today.
I had a timetable set out & set my phone alarm so I would know when I had to do things.
All I managed to do was breakfast, shower, lunch & go to shops ( & that was only cause I'd run out of cigarettes).
I had a 3 day schedule so that sets that back.
Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Sad
beanie
beanie

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

I thought today was going to be good. Empty Re: I thought today was going to be good.

Post by Paddy Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:45 pm

Nooooo no no no no. No.

Schedules are fluid, flexible things. The trick is, to make them achievable, so that we DON'T beat up on ourselves if we change our minds and don't get everything done.

At the moment my schedule has a couple of things on it.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat as is necessary periodically throughout the day and night. And thats it.

Anything more than that is a bonus and if I get that one wrong, well, I'm not going to be in a position to berate myself.

Small steps, Beanie, small steps my friend. We don't need to beat up on us for things we haven't quite got around to just yet - their day will come.

Today, your list should have one thing on it. Be kind to you.

Take care, n ease up on yourself, my friend. Please?

flower
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

I thought today was going to be good. Empty Re: I thought today was going to be good.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:51 am

Hey,

Instead of looking at what you did not achieve on your list look at what you managed to get done.

When unwell getting up is a hugh thing and something as simple as having a shower is big.

Good on you for getting out to lunch.

Roswell
alien

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:53 am

Hey,

Instead of looking at what you did not achieve on your list look at what you managed to get done.

When unwell getting up is a hugh thing and something as simple as having a shower is big.

Good on you for getting out to lunch.

Roswell
alien

Back to top Go down

Post by beanie Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:49 am

Thank you paddy, your breathe in & out plan made me chuckle. Guess I need to lower my expectations of myself. flower
beanie
beanie

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:47 am

some days are just ok to be not ok and not participating in the 'real' world.

take it easy on yourself

Monsta hugs for ya!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down