The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Needing help when it's not convenient for the Depression 'help'line or lifeline

3 posters

Go down

Needing help when it's not convenient for the Depression 'help'line or lifeline Empty Needing help when it's not convenient for the Depression 'help'line or lifeline

Post by loubee Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi, I need to vent. What is the point of having depression help or lifelines when they're really hard to access when you need them- it would be nice to know there was help at the end of the telephone, not recorded messages or being told to call back in 10 mins as the councillor is busy.

They get this Depression website with JK heading it etc, but put a Depression line number on it - but I can't get anyone to answer as the voice message say they're lines are busy (rubbish!), but it does say to call Lifeline on 0800 111 777. When I call that number I get told that line isn't used and to call an AK number or 0800543354, when I call that number it said they're numbers were busy and to call later. i did call that number few minutes later and was told by a switchboard operator that the counciller was busy and to call back in 10 mins.

aaarrrggghhh! Sorry to# whinge and moan, I got that off my chest at least. Also p!ssed off as I've been waiting 2 weeks for someone to contact me regarding 6 talking therapy sessions that the doctor applied for for me.
loubee
loubee

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Back to top Go down

Needing help when it's not convenient for the Depression 'help'line or lifeline Empty Hi Loubee

Post by aurora Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:56 am

I hear you!! I'm listening if you want to vent?
aurora
aurora

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Needing help when it's not convenient for the Depression 'help'line or lifeline Empty Re: Needing help when it's not convenient for the Depression 'help'line or lifeline

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:09 am

Hi,

I have had the same experience with lineline, depression lines etc. I dont use them now as I have no idea what to say and feel uncomfitable and found they dont help that much.

I am lucky I have a friend I can ring anytime if I need too. I texted her last night round 11 o,clock to see if she was up and rang her to discuss a psyc report I had got which had some nasty things in (maybe a later thread?).

Do you have someone that you may be able to arrange to call late at night if you feel unwell? I find the nights are the worest!

Back to top Go down

Needing help when it's not convenient for the Depression 'help'line or lifeline Empty Re: Needing help when it's not convenient for the Depression 'help'line or lifeline

Post by jaffakiwi Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:32 am

That's terrible Loubee. If you were brave enough you got write a letter to your local MP.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by loubee Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:09 am

Thanks for hearing me... and your advice, I've asked someone (no idea who - got the email address off depression.org.nz) to change the voicemail giving out a wrong number.
The worst thing is that if someone was feeling so in need of help that they could do harm to themselves, how would they react being fobbed off left right and centre.
I did get thru to a counciller this arvo. I did find her helpful - and she's going to call back to see how things are going.
Really glad Roswell that you've got a friend that you can talk over stuff with, hope everythings ok. I haven't got anyone like that, which is why I think some sort of dependable support line is important to me.
Hope everyone has a good night.

loubee
loubee

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down