The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voices in the night

3 posters

Go down

Voices in the night Empty Voices in the night

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Sheeks, first time this has happened to me, I woke hearing two voices. The voices were male, non threatening - just two people having a conversation. I got up (I live on my own - so not an easy thing to do) I checked the house, everywhere, even behind the shower curtain. I'm wondering if the voices were a dream hang-over... I hope my beds still warm. What a Face

Morning everyone Sleep

Back to top Go down

Voices in the night Empty Re: Voices in the night

Post by lowdown Thu May 13, 2010 6:30 am

Hope you have a better night's sleep tonight, poetry...

I sometimes carry dream noises over (knocking on doors, door bells, phones ringing, waking up thinking they have been in the 'real world' and they have woken me up) but not voices - yet! Embarassed

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by .imstillstanding. Thu May 13, 2010 8:01 am

hey Poetry, it is quite common to have 'hallucinations' just as you go to sleep or just as you awake...they are called hypnopompic or something like that...so try not to worry too much!

.imstillstanding.

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks Lowdown, I slept much better last night, just the one wake up, thankfully no noises.

Hi ISS thank you so much for naming the hallucination - hypnopompic I love you

I googled and found this definition for those who wanted to know more about 'voices in the night' pale

Hypnopompic hallucinations are often discussed along with hypnogogic hallucinations. Both of these have to do with hallucinations occurring as people enter or exit sleep. When people are just on the edge of sleep they might experience hypnogogic hallucinations. If a person is about to wake, he or she could have a hypnopompic hallucination.

What makes hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations different from dreams is that they tend to lack a story. Moreover the hallucinations may vary. People could experience a physical feeling, a smell, a sound, or quite frequently an image or sight.

cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Last edited by wowinnz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Cool confused I hope not LOL...

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Mon May 17, 2010 1:35 am

Same thing happened to me this morning, woke up sure that someone had banged on the door twice. Hubby was already up and he didn't do anything, so gotta assume it was all in my head...

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley Tue May 18, 2010 9:12 am

lowdown wrote:Same thing happened to me this morning, woke up sure that someone had banged on the door twice. Hubby was already up and he didn't do anything, so gotta assume it was all in my head...
weird ... years ago I was just going to sleep when I woke up my husband because I saw a little girl come into our room...there was no one there..freaked me out for ages pale
smiley
smiley

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down