The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music!

2 posters

Go down

Music! Empty Music!

Post by becks Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:04 am

Hi Paddy I know you have mentioned that you are getting back into listening to and appreciating music again. I don't know if you know, but I work in an op-shop where I can get very cheap C.D's and tapes etc. I thought that if you tell me what you are interested in I could put some things aside for you. I wanted to send you something as a thankyou for all the work you do here at TBBD so this might be the way to do it? So, please give me a list of who you'd be interested in hearing and we'll go from there. I gather you'd prefer C.D's if you have a C.D player? Wink
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Music! Empty Re: Music!

Post by Paddy Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:45 am

Aw Becks, Bless You and Thank You, but truely, you don't need to send anything - knowing that good folk such as yourself are using this place and maybe getting something from it sometimes, is more reward than I can say.

I'm just me - a middle aged looney who makes at least as many stuff-ups as anyone here, just mine hurt others more. Damn, I hate that. Don't forget, I need this place too - in fact, I need it so much, I was the first one here, pffft.

Becks, have a lovely weekend and yeah, Bless You, but I'd much rather you treated yourself to something, please? Just something for you, no one else. Something no one can share, its all for you. Go on, I dare ya too.

My music 'tastes' at the moment, leaves me a bit bemused, to be honest - its so eclectic. Chopin, Motzart, The Hollies, Bob Dylan, 1920's & 30's Jazz, Rythem n Blues, a few country, Vivaldi and some old stuff from me younger days in the 60's amd early 70's (pre disco). Eeeew, disco. The only cd I 'regret' getting so far, is a Billy Joel double cd set. I aint as keen as I remembered I was, but thats OK. I might swap it one day.

Yeah, I do prefer music on cd's for two reasons - one more important than the other. Firstly, I don't have to get outta me chair and turn a cd over for the other half of the music;, and secondly me cd player works still but the tape deck aint, I discovered after getting 15 odd tapes at once, pffft. I can sit in me car listen, I suppose. It feels odd not having to 'rewind' a cd at the end of it. I still get caught with my dvd player like that, doh.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down