The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where do you put feelings....

4 posters

Go down

where do you put feelings.... Empty where do you put feelings....

Post by Apricot Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:10 am

Anger, and frustration. Cant change whats causing it, but, its still happening.

I dont know how to deal with it/them. I cant just turn them off, or forget they are there. It wont stop in the near future.

I want to throttle someone. A few actually.
days, I come so close to actually punching a concrete wall, as a means to getting it out.
writing doesnt have the impact, so i see little point to writing how I feel.

How do you deal with feelings. I know they are simply feelings, but they have such huge impacts to us, well, thats if you are like me, and dont quite know what to dam well do with them!

Sorry, I know this is slightly off topic, but it does contribute to my depression. Its like a cherry on top. bounce bounce
Apricot
Apricot

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

where do you put feelings.... Empty Re: where do you put feelings....

Post by Paddy Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:33 am

Very few things are 'off topic' here at TBBD, hon.

Are you able to get hold of some various sized cardboard cartons? And things like ‘Xmas Hamper polystyrene Foam boxes with the lids.

Excellent Twisted Evil

Take them outside, either all at once or a few at a time. Hold the smallest box, and kick it away like a rugby ball. Put sneakers on first, aye! The front yards as good as the back, cos ya gunna be loud anyway, so wtf? Charge the nosy bastards who peek thru their drapes, for the show.

Then, kick the rest. Once kicked, stomp the shit out of them. Show them no mercy because they deserve none. You can ‘name’ them as they are initially kicked away, or not. Then, leave them lying right where they are for a while. Have a hot bath or shower, shut ya curtains, and stick ya feet up. Feck the mess in the yard, it’ll prolly still be there when its time to cleanup.

An alternative that appeals to me, is a car body and a hammer. ‘Cept I hurt myself if I lose me grip so to speak, on the hammer. Ah well.

I know that one Woman’s Refuge Group used to as part of their programme take their ladies down to a beach on a calm day. There, the ladies would launch and set alight little paper boats they’d made containing ‘stuff’. Consigned to the flames and ocean. I can see how that could be quite liberating – but not in a closed fire season etc, k? It would work at a river or creek too – throw bloody great stones at the paper boat and sink and destroy it. Look out for ducklings, but!

Nuttin much wrong with standing outside and having a damn good yell, either. Unless ya live in wee group of flats like me – maybe, a walk into the countryside and series of damn good yells and if the occasion warrants it, a tear or three? Nothing wrong with them either. And the fresh air can’t hurt too much, can it? Unless ya get hayfever n stuff. See, if we worried about all the things we could think of, we’d never do anything.

You need to express some anger, express it.

I’ve punched walls. Walls have studs and dwangs tucked away behind them. Concrete looked too hard even for me. I'm slightly awed you even thought of a concrete one. Cor. (Memo to Self:, hide behind more than a wall if ya upset this one, Pat)

But it’s not a great idea, my knuckles would tell ya. More than one way to skin a cat, my friend.

Happy cat skinning.
where do you put feelings.... 565675 where do you put feelings.... 565675 where do you put feelings.... 565675
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks Paddy, I appreciate your reply. You always make me smile. wish I could send someone out to sea in a burning boat. I like that idea, really appeals for all the sadness they have caused. Think I may just get drunk today. Numb myself.
Apricot
Apricot

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:42 am

Hi Apricot, I meant to post in this topic - finally getting round to it!!!

I was so surprised at myself to find I had LOADS AND LOADS of pent-up feelings when I crashed into severe anxiety and depression.

Now, you may have realised I am a 'book' person - and I know they're not for everyone. A book I was given to read by my then therapist was 'Your Feelings are your Friends' by Brian Knight. I got a lot out of it. And Iris Barrow's books are good too.

And there is a saying 'Get angry or get depressed' ......

Courses are useful for women too - I don't know what's running these days but I worked as a Co-ordinator at a Womens' Centre and organised courses such as: Coping with anger for Women, Co-dependence, Positive Parenting, Grief, Self Defence etc etc. Being with other people who are experiencing something similar can be so beneficial.

Hope you're Ok ..... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 am

Hi Apricot

I too like the idea of 'setting alight little paper boats' I also think possibly this may help me. Write the 'stuff' that hurts to share in several different boats. I think also I would like to label one marriage that ended sadly in the hope of realising lots of emotions. particulary grief, heartbreak, loss. another labelled Jim, My dear friend who passed away.

As for anger; I was told to get a plastic tube thing and hit stuff with it...I couldn't do that one!!!

I hope you can find other ideas to help you. Thank you for posting this topic, the ideas shared here is helping others.

Take care flower

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Apricot, I'm finding that those feelings are coming back. I used to be able to use horse riding to get rid of them (nothing like a good long hard gallop to put you in a better mood) but unfortunatly Im not riding anymore. Taekwondo was good to, but not doing that anymore either.

Now I just take the dog for a walk or go for a swim or just a good hard run. I try to take my anger and frustration out that way and Im assuming its the endorphins that help.

I have also had the same urge of wanting to punch a concrete wall. I have punched the inside of my car door a few times. I did go to punch a wall once, my brain made me do it open palmed though (thanks for that brain) which didn't make it hurt as much but helped.
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down