The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I reading to much into this??

5 posters

Go down

Am I reading to much into this?? Empty Am I reading to much into this??

Post by logical-cents Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:12 am

Guy from work that I'm friends with, he visited me a couple of times while I was in HB, brought me flowers, tells me that he's there for me if I ever need/want to talk or need/want anything and now taking me out to dinner next Friday night. I'm thinking that maybe I'm reading into a friendship too much, and automatically thinking he's wanting more because he's a guy, but I dunno.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Am I reading to much into this?? Empty Re: Am I reading to much into this??

Post by Paddy Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:56 am

You know the Old Saying, LC:

If it Looks like a Skunk, and
If it Smells like a Skunk,
Trust your intuition - it'll be a Guy.

I dunno, hon. Why not simply set in your own mind, whatever boundaries you want or need, and then just head off anticipating an enjoyable, maybe even fun, meal out?. Keep a Bread Stick handy, just in case.

Maybe some of the Ladies here can give you more of an idea on things, 'cos I suspect that dating advise from a 49 year old divorced bloke living alone with a tabby cat in a tiny flat, might lack a wee bit of credibility?

Not much help am I? See, thats another Guy trait. cheers
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Oh LC this is exciting stuff, now let me just add a little more to what Paddy said. Yep take that bread stick with you and lay it firmly on the table in front of you,, make sure at this moment you make direct eye contact with the said date and whilst giving that don't mess with me glear, reach in your handbag and retreive the biggest peg you just might happen to have in there and bringing both sides of your blouse/top together (right up under chin) firmly attach peg so as no cleverage can be seen. Now that should just keep you safe for the moment and I would imagine that your date would have to be pretty silly, if he didn't get a clear impression that you are there for the dinner and thats it, lol.
Orrrr my dear LC, if you would like a tad more romance on the evening and in the future, you could just ignore all advise that I have given (as valuable as it is) and just go with the flo, enjoy your meal and if at the end of the evening you are still not clear on his interest in you, why not just say (straight up), gosh loved your company(asumming you have) how would you feel about doing this again soon. and who's paying, lol. Now if he then spits his coffee out all over the table and says you are, then I'm thinking maybe this is just a friendship date, but if he pulls out the old credit card, pays and then at the end of the evening gives you a wee kiss then I'm thinking this could be serious, lol.
Ok sweets, well like our dear Pat, I too am a little older and maybe a liitle out of touch, although recently I have ventured out on a couple of dates myself, not many second ones, hehe, so it may just be wise to get other opinions, but good luck and go have some fun girl.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:08 pm

I had to smile at Pat's and Peterpam's replies!! I don't have that way with words - but I'd say: Go with the flow, enjoy the meal out ... and see if any more dates come about. (I do understand any apprehension, but I'm sure you have 'your boundaries' sorted) ... Sometimes the need to know is very strong ... but staying with 'what is', instead of using energy wondering and 'scripting' (how it will go, what will happen) is better. One very good thing is - he knows you've been in hospital etc ... and hasn't run a mile! ... Have fun!

Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:24 pm

I guess I just don't want to end up pushing him away if he's just being friendly. Seems when a guy gets too friendly I automatically think the worst and so start pushing them away till they give up on me when all they are doing is being a friend.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Well, that's something to work on - and do differently?
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:50 am

good luck logical-cents, Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by becks Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:37 am

Hey LC enjoy it for what it is... Wink
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down