The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

natural remedy for sleeping

+2
poppy
chickiejo
6 posters

Go down

natural remedy for sleeping Empty natural remedy for sleeping

Post by chickiejo Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi, I havent posted much but thought you lovely people might be able to give me a little advice on maybe if theres some sort of natural sleeping remedy, Im being a bit stuborn on going back to the doctor just yet to go back on zopiclone cause it makes me really drowsy in the morning and I have to get up to 4 kids to get off to school, but then having no sleep or very little is making me swing up and down in my moods really bad. Any advice would be great even if it is stop being stuborn and go to doctor.
chickiejo
chickiejo

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

natural remedy for sleeping Empty Re: natural remedy for sleeping

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:45 pm

Hey,

There are a number of remedies. Some of the ones that have been discussed on this site include:

- Avena comp sedative drops
- Rescue Remedy Sleep
- Taking magnesium

Have a look at the following site might be helpful

http://www.christinas-home-remedies.com/index.html

Regards
Roswell alien

Back to top Go down

Post by chickiejo Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:00 am

Thanks Roswell, Ive saved the link in book marks some good reading there. My wonderful mum got me some rescue remedy and also got me some healtheries easy sleep so ill give them ago. Thanks Jo
chickiejo
chickiejo

Back to top Go down

Post by poppy Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:40 am

Hi Jo. I've been using the rescue remedy sleep at night - I'm finding it useful to slow the old brain down and ease into sleep. Good luck. Lack of sleep is nasty!

poppy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:38 am

Hi..

If you're taking a medication and feeling sleepy in the morning, try taking it earlier in the evening, so the effects won't be so much next morning.

Hope this helps..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by chickiejo Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:57 am

Thanks for your comments, I ended up having a breakdown over the weekend and went back to the doctor this morning I am back on the zopaclone and thanks books yes my doctor said the same thing make sure to take earlier. Hes also put me back on citalopram. I thought i had been doing okay i kind of took myself off them earlier in the year thinking i dont need these im fine but i guess this weekend just proved me wrong, anyway to cut long story short hes also referred me for another assesment because hes thought for a while there maybe something else with me (oh Joy) and wants to be sure its not bipolar cause some of my symptoms seem to lead that way. So not feelling in the greatist at the mo.
chickiejo
chickiejo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:47 am

Aw, chickiejo. This must be a horrid time for you, but well done for going back to the doc.

Take good care of you and make the time and effort to be kind to yourself, k? Remember, you don't have to be alone - maybe you might feel like joining the chat here sometimes? Or not, its entirely up to you how you use our site. Just, yeah, be good to you, k?
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:30 pm

Hugs for you Chickiejo..

I hope the medication works quickly and well for you.. Though it's not feeling good that your GP is getting more tests done, it's good that he/she is being thorough..

I hope you're feeling much better real soon.. Hugs for you..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:46 pm

Well I took 1/2 a zopiclone last night after ummming and ahhing for fear of a repeat of the last time I took one. It certainly relaxed me and helped me nod off but it was broken sleep yet again and not much better than I normally get. On top of that I feel like sht this morning and havent been able to move off the couch til now. I have to go out and get food and stuff but god i can barely stand I fel so weak and tired.

i know i have to start sleeping again somehow but it seems i have tried everything!

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:56 pm

Morning monsta, Not sleeping is a bugger alright. Can seem like a vicious circle, can't it. Don't have any suggestions except I have found that sometimes having a bath in the morning is relaxing - I've just had one and dyed my hair - it's needed doing for a few days - can't have those 'strands of wisdom' taking over!! if you want a smile look at my profile on TM - Molly is there!
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by poppy Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:37 am

Not sleeping is a major challenge for me. I am trying to relax now when I wake during the night rather than getting up and pacing, watching telly, surfing the net, etc. I figure rest is the next best thing to sleep although of course I'd like more quality sleep. I've also started going to bed earlier and doing some relaxation visualisation combined with rescue remedy sleep tonic. It's not perfect but it is helping. Sorry I can't be of more help. Take care and just be kind to yourself as you get back on an even keel. (in my case evenish Smile ).

poppy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down