The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi im new

+3
peterpam
Mere.Kat
raggamuffin
7 posters

Go down

hi im new Empty hi im new

Post by raggamuffin Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:22 am

i have just been diagnosed with depression , i didnt know this exsisted , i am totally freaking out i always thought these feelings i have was just me the type of person i am but now i think this is the illness , i am on medication i dont know where is the real me and who is the depression will i be like this forever is this me for life ? what causes depression ? is depression another word for crazy ? any advice for my partner how to cope with me and my illness ? any help much appreciated please confused
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

hi im new Empty Re: hi im new

Post by Mere.Kat Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:37 am

well you could look at the fact that now you've been diagnosed as a possitive.
now you know that you can get better.
and NO your not crazy.
i would say for your partner too just be patient.
Mere.Kat
Mere.Kat

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:31 am

Hi hun, please let your partner know we have a supporting partners forum. I don't , (well not often), suffer from depression, but I did live with someone who did, and I learn't alot, happy to give some support. Take care and no you are not at all crazy. Hugs.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:41 am

"In Hollywood, you're crazy NOT to have a psychiatrist" - author unknown.

I agree with Mere.Kat, don't think of this as being made aware of something wrong with you, think of it as a positive step where you now have a label for the way you have been feeling and now have a lot of resources to help you feel better.

You are not crazy and you are definitely not alone. 1 in 5 New Zealanders have a mental illness. The good news is that there are places like this to help

Back to top Go down

Post by raggamuffin Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Thank you all for your kind words im glad i found this place and you people who understand what this is , i always thought i was just wierd and too sensitive i think back and realise i have been like this for as long as i can remember i like how you say this is a positive thing i wonder who the real me is i dont remember and thank you for advice for my partner wow you guys are great am gettn such nice vibes from your words
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi there Ragamuffin, welcome to the depression club. Not a lot of fun to have but heaps of support on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by raggamuffin Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:41 pm

hahaha bluebird i like the way you said that thank you lol!
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:16 am

Hi raggamuffin, nice name by the way! hehe.

Being diagnosed isnt a bad thing, i found it as a relief as i was struggling on my own to make sense of why i am the way i am and why i feel the way i do. Its a huge thing to deal with and its just as hard for our partners too. Peterpam is right the parents page is great and she is wonderful ive learnt alot from her posts! ONe thing ive realised with my partner is that he will never fully understand what its like for me but he does try, and i do try too so we have had to meet each other on common ground and we both end up just saying man this sux and we then laugh! Ok probably totally irrelevant and off topic but anyhow welcome and hope you do enjoy visiting this site!

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:39 am

Hi raggamuffin

Hope to see you on the chat room soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by raggamuffin Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi claire sky i like your name also thank you for your ten cents as they say hee hee but yes sounds like you and your partner have a good thing going lucky for you both thank you for the welcome
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by raggamuffin Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi my life hopefully soon hee hee ima bit shy just hanging in here with the ladys first
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:36 pm

ok ....sheesh, will you guys stop calling me a lady.... I'm not used to that!! Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Floss Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:14 am

Hi raggamuffin,
i m on day 8 of being diagnosed with PND and at the moment Im looking at it as being positive that it has finally been recognised. Now I can take steps forward to getting on with the future rather than dwelling on the negatives. Im on meds and I know it will take at least a year or more but Im feeling confident....for now, anyway. Very Happy Always here if you wanna chat, Im new here too.
Floss
Floss

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by raggamuffin Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi Floss
thank you for your words its nice to know there is another newbie yes i think i am about 8 days also ummm what is pnd ?
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi Raggamuffin..

Nice to see your posts.. and to chat with you on TM a few nights ago..

PND is post-natal depression.. not fun to have when caring for a wee Babe..

Take care..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by raggamuffin Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi books

Thank you nice to see you again lols felt like i already had a friend here
ohh pnd thanks yeah didnt know that
Sounds sad poor you floss
ok and you too ....

geek
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Floss Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Like books said, post natal depression. My eldest is 2 and my youngest is 6 months, although ive only just been diagnosed now, when looking back I probably had it mildly since having my first son. It just gradually got worse until I was crying all the time over nothing, feeling like everything was just too hard and so tiring. I feel like my partner never helps and I resent that his life has not changed at all, in fact its even better whereas I feel like I have given up my whole life to stay home with the boys. Dont get me wrong I love them to bits but they are just so demanding. Its actuallly quite good to write this down, I think I might start a thread in My Journal. Smile
Floss
Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Floss Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:56 pm

I was referred here from TMMB too. I asked if there was a PND thread and got referred to TBBD.
Floss
Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:08 am

thats how i found this place also books told me about it , i feel sad for you i am finding things hard for myself but i dont have any children it must be really hard on you having ones that young but yes i think that is a good way to look at it in a positive way that is what people above have said to me its sad your partner isnt helping does he know sometimes i get so angry and upset inside i try not to take it out on my partner but she usually gets the blunt end of it but i try to talk to her about it scince i have been diagnosed she has been really great helping to understand with me we are reading some books that books reccomended ive found understanding this is helping , maybe you could get your partner a book to help him understand , yes i think writing down is a great way to get things out thats what i have started to do good luck with things floss

geek
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:00 am

hey how are you today raggamuffin?

Back to top Go down

Post by raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi my life thank you i am doing okay am quite excited i am going to visit my best friend for the weekend we are leaving in the morning how are you doing

geek
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:03 pm

well i think i am doing fine thanks raggamuffin, good that you are away for the weekend, hope it was somewhere exciting? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by raggamuffin Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:44 am

Hi my life yes had a great time nice to relax with my friend and her family yes was exciting for me we went down to Tauranga i love it down there hope you doing okay geek
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 pm

hi raggamuffin...I just realized that I have been reading your posts about the place and I haven't said a word to you...I apologize...so...HI!!

the area around Tauranga is truely a beautiful spot...but the traffic and people in the city itself is diabolical...the poor place was never designed to be as big as it is now...really glad to see you and your partner had a restful fun weekend with your friend
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:17 am

hi britelite

awww thank you your forgiven no hard feelings of depression lolz (sad depression joke) yes we had a great time it was awesome yes i love it there but yes the amount of people is crazy specialy come summertime but we love it there anyway nice to meet you

geek
raggamuffin
raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum