The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For LCs Eyes Only:

3 posters

Go down

For LCs Eyes Only: Empty For LCs Eyes Only:

Post by Paddy Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:45 am

Well hon, you did it, so I had to too. Bugger.

Here's the proof: My email to my Case Manager, sent at 1.36pm today.

"Hi Clare,

I was wondering if WINZ knows of any basic computer users courses in Marton for which I might be elgible to a little bit of assistance with please?

Despite having used PC's for years, I'm finding I'm becoming more and more confused, rather than more competent. Bah Humbug!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I am the founder and site administrator for a successful, well-respected NZ-wide internet-based mental health peer support network at www.thebigblackdog.co.nz called The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD). It celebrated its First Birthday, last Sunday. TBBD is hosted by a free Forum host in France and so far touch wood, its only cost a few cents here and there. Just under $200 all up, if I count using my prize voucher from winning the local writing contest last year. I got a new printer, from PapaerPlus and some extra ink n paper. I've got all the receipts somewhere, if you need to see them anytime? Oh, and no, it does not produce any income. Not a cent but thats OK. It helps folk, and thats a pretty good reward in and of itself.

You're welcome to visit our site as a Guest and have a look at what it is I'm trying help myself and a few other people do - survive and smile once in a while. the URL www.thebigblackdog.co.nz is setup as a safe redirect to our hosted site at https://thebigblackdog.forumotion.net/forum.htm (you can see why I went for a dot co nz redirect domain, now).

But, computers. I don't understand how to manage and use email and MS Office type thingies and now that TBBD is a survivor too, I really feel a need to learn how to use my computer properly. Like learning how to set up my MS OutLook thingymajig for my own emails, and for TBBD emails to keep them seperate. Doh. I am struggling to maintain the most basic records and its getting messy. Very. I'm using XP, Office 2000 and Outlook Express6. I have downloaded and looked at OpenOffice but I find different interfaces and appearances very confusing so I gave up.

I've tried to learn from books and I can't make head nor tail of any of it, Clare. Sadly, not even the titles written for Dummies. And I have found it impossible to pick up the 'phone and ring around because of my telephone phobia. To learn, I need to have someone sit down with me and be very patient.

I'd be grateful for any leads you can give me, Clare - and um, sorry for being so thick. I don't want to be, it just happens.

Kind regards,
Pat Quinn'

Thank You for forcing my hand with that LC, 'cos I wouldnt have done it without our wee deal. cheers flower

Pat.

P.S. I'm glad I made this Thread say it was for Your Eyes Only. It would be embarrassing if people to whom this was not addressed, read it, wouldnt it? For me, anyway. Embarassed I guess the number of 'views' will be interesting, LC? Wink
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

For LCs Eyes Only: Empty Re: For LCs Eyes Only:

Post by logical-cents Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:58 am

Good on ya Pat, I'm sure they'll be able to help you in some way and direct you to someone to help. And admitting it does NOT in any way make you thick!!

Yes, views will be interesting.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:09 am

Hi Pat,
Good luck with this.

If you're happy to drive over to Palmy, I would be happy to come back with you to your house and teach you a few things one day? And I wouldn't charge you a penny Smile

JK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:30 am

Yes but if it was really for LC's eyes' only, you would have sent her a PM, so it is not just for her is it?????

LOL Paddy, you made me smile. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:17 am

now now mylife...didn't you read what Pat said???...he is becoming more and more confused confused ...so maybe the poor chap can't remember HOW to do a PM!!!...hahahaha For LCs Eyes Only: 143605

so in the future you and JK should read the thread title properly and not enter confuddled Pats misdirected pm's For LCs Eyes Only: 275487 For LCs Eyes Only: 63277

and Pat that will teach you to enter into two way action agreements with people here...but good on you and I hope that Claire can find someway to help...other than that its not that far to Palmy...and when you finished learning from Jk could you please package him up and send him up here...as I am computer challenged too!!!

For LCs Eyes Only: 494209 For LCs Eyes Only: 870194
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:25 am

Hahahaha...poor paddy, we pick on him soooo much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:35 am

but its only our twisted minds trying to tell him that we luffs him sssssooooooooooo much For LCs Eyes Only: 388148

and I believe...and seriously hope...that we never upset him

For LCs Eyes Only: 870194 For LCs Eyes Only: 601485
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:44 am

Embarassed i know i do that, i have the happy knack of upsetting people.

I'm so dumb!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down