The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Onwards and Upwards Future of TBBD

+4
Paddy
daze7
peterpam
Admin (Paddy)
8 posters

Go down

The Onwards and Upwards Future of TBBD Empty The Onwards and Upwards Future of TBBD

Post by Admin (Paddy) Sat May 23, 2009 3:52 am

What do you people want from this place? scratch

Please feel free to suggest new categories for the Forum or whatever. As long as they 'work' and are 'safe' I'll do my best to set up new Forum areas to meet your needs.

Potential Topics? I dunno, thats why I'm asking you.

Meditation? Religion? Music? Literature? Sports? Education? Employment? DIY? Pets?

I await your answers with interest Very Happy

I seem to have hit the barrier when it comes to increasing membership, which is a bit frustrating 'cos I don't have money to throw at that one but I dare say that things will pickup over time (or not Embarassed ) but in the meantime, we might as well get this place more how you want it to be.

Thanks,
Pat.
flower

Last edited by Admin (Paddy2) on Mon May 25, 2009 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

The Onwards and Upwards Future of TBBD Empty Re: The Onwards and Upwards Future of TBBD

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 4:32 am

Thanks Paddy,

You have done an awesome job here..full credit given. And I must admit that I don't have any further suggestions!! Not at this point anyway.

flower

Back to top Go down

The Onwards and Upwards Future of TBBD Empty Re: The Onwards and Upwards Future of TBBD

Post by peterpam Sat May 23, 2009 6:24 am

Wow Paddy you do an awesome job. What about a forum for partners of those who suffer. If only I knew about this site when i really needed it. There must be many partners who could do with support, thoughts, honesty. Cheers Pam.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Sat May 23, 2009 7:02 am

Hello Pat, We discussed this very briefly one day.

Would our people enjoy a Book Group - Not the self help kind - we've already got that, but books people have read that they enjoyed.

Suggestions for different Authors - so we can expand on what we may have read.

I have become a reader - well, more than I was before! And talking about something outside depression is great. And some books make me laugh.

What does everyone think? .......... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Sat May 23, 2009 7:08 am

Oh Daze, yup, I agree with you. What a great idea ... Pam

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 7:55 am

A book thread would be gr8 - good idea Daze flower

BTW - i have been searching for a book - couldn't find a tm member gave me a website brilliant uk site, and free delivery. I purchased my book for uk4.11 coverted to about 10.50. So thought i would pass it on: www.bookdepository.co.uk

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sat May 23, 2009 10:04 am

Excellent ideas.

Now.

Come up with some Titles for those Fora (Dictionaries, dont'chya love them? - ty, Daze Smile please, cos my brain is down to its last firing synapses tonight. Ta.

Oh, and you'd be hard put to not find the book you were searching for somewhere at AbeBooks - http://www.abebooks.com/

cheers
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 11:22 am

Goodnight kiwi thread................NZ - History/kiwiana/ ??????? Just a thought

The Onwards and Upwards Future of TBBD G10

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sat May 23, 2009 12:11 pm

I slipped a few cartoons in TBBDMB today.

Maybe we should have a Formal Funny (but not gender segregated) Column
to help break-up the inner compaction,we feel at times,when stuck!

When we are deep and lost
laughter can spin the wheels of Healing
within us,(or chakras as some people call em)
and allow us to come up for fresh air!

Im happy to add to a Column for Meditation
if there are people that are interested in Self-Help Healing.
I have made terriffic leaps in wellness due to meditation
and am many years experienced in many schools of thought.
I am not-religious so that will help
as there is Nothing worse than joining a Gang of Religious Rebels
when all you want is technique
and healing.

ALSO, Paddy, the Mens Room aint working at all.
Can we eradicate this,
whilst we are in the adjustments arena?
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sat May 23, 2009 12:16 pm

How about,
WORKING WITH DREAMS...
as a Column.

Ive used my dreamtime(perplexing,re-occuring and negative dreams) over the years quite successfully,
and made some good headway into increasing my well being
thro dreams.

Dont wanna bust me guts here,
as i do have responsibilities outside as we all do,no doubt,
so I will leave it as a possibility
incase anyone is interested!
gm
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 12:30 pm

One feature I'd really like to see here is a "thanks" button. I've ever only seen it on one other forum but it worked really well.

The way it works is, there is a "Thanks" button next to every post, and anybody who finds the post helpful can click this button. It adds their names at the bottom of the message: "Thanks by: user1, user2 etc"

I think this would work great here, because sometimes we read a post and want to let the poster know that we read it, and got something out of it, without having to respond with a post of our own. Sometimes replying with just "thanks" feels lame.

I've looked into forumotion to see if these feature is available Pat. It has been suggested in their suggestions forum, but is not yet implemented Sad (there is something similar, but not quite what i mean). oh well.

JK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2009 1:07 am

hey I like the idea of a partners topic, and a dreams topic...

See I'm not smart enough to think of anything!!!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2009 1:08 am

Yay! think I just thought of one...what about an achievements thread! Only to be about good positive achievements.

Lets face it we all have them from time to time. from getting out of the house to passing an assignment!

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Sun May 24, 2009 7:11 am

Oh yes, and could we please have a DIY. Would be great to get advice as well as keeping everyone updated on really positive stuff that we are up to.

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 12:15 am

"a mirthful experience" for the funnies
"DIY" for DIY and questions (gosh that was original!)
"Brag Book" for achievements,

hmmmm waddaya think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Mon May 25, 2009 12:20 am

Thanks for your input, folks.

So, we are maybe looking at a site with the following sections? (don't get too worried about their order or Names - 'tis not set in stone)

* The Message Board (General Board)

* The Ventilation Chamber

* Ladies Room

* Mens Room (GM, fair comment, but is it cos there are not many males
here yet? I'm inclined to say leave it, cos it doesn't work, but it doesn't
hurt, either. But, thats just my view. Shall we keep this under review?)

* In Your Own Words - Writing To Survive

* My Journal

* TBBD Art Gallery

* Book Club

* Music Room

* Meditation

* Working with Dreams

* Smile, it suits you - Humour

* Partners Place

* Positive Achivements

* D.I.Y. - All Sorts

* Food

* Religion (I have my own doubts about this one, but thats just me)

* Wanted - Sell - Swap - Free Stuff

* Help Lines

* Tips and Handy Hints

* TBBD Lending Library
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Onwards and Upwards Future of TBBD Empty Hi Paddy

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 12:26 am

Sorry if I sound a bit negative (feeling a bit... blarg) but I dont know if having so many sections is a good idea. Do you think they'd all get used? I realise this sounds hypocritical seeming you happily created the one I wanted....

I dunno.. this is your place and its awesome so far. I've cancelled writing a similar post twice so far.... dunno If I should post it but I might as well... please don't take it offensively.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon May 25, 2009 1:01 am

Firstly, an Apology - I meant to Post this as Admin, not as Paddy2 but I forgot to.

I'm not offended, JK. I asked, you answered. cheers

Now, what follows, is general stuff, not targeted at you, JK...

I don't know if those categories would get much use, which is why they are floated as ideas. If something turns out to be not much needed, then it can be discontinued; conversely stuff can be added if necessary.

One day maybe, our numbers may grow and I don't see that having spaces set up and available, is necessarily a bad idea. Similarly, I'd like TBBD to have a good balance of Positives, as well as Negatives.

One of the messages I think it is important for a peer to peer support community like TBBD to promote, is that not everything has to hinge on our 'illnesses'. Sometimes, despite our own worst efforts, we have 'wellnesses', too and we should cherish and acknowledge those times and those bits of us.

Hopefully, there is a lot more to us here than just feeling sorry for ourselves. Sure, there is a time and place to wallow, but its not compulsory to make it a fulltime vocation. Anyway, I've tried it and its not fun.

As individuals, we have a diverse range of interests and sometimes, no interest in anything. Thats how life is. So if members are interested in any particular section of TBBD, I guess they will visit it and maybe think about taking part of whatever is going on there. And if they are not, ah well, we tried, eh?

Keep your comments and thoughts coming in please, you lot. Ta.

flower

(P.S. It isn't compulsory to agree with me on everything. 99.99% Compliance will do, for now) Very Happy
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Mon May 25, 2009 1:54 am

mmmm,
yes,a good effort at posting there.
kiss is good,
as well as open to change;it assures us longlevity.

Nature shows us the Way,
diversity is the way of survival.

We must accept and try to understand that
individually is highly important also,
as those who go out on a limb
find solutions to problems
which keep others as victems
inside their minds
of limitation.

Freedom for all
not just the tall,
as the Tall aint free
its just a view-point.

as above
so below

contributor
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Mon May 25, 2009 2:25 am

Phewwwwww! I saw the title of this thread and thought the future of TBBD was in jeopardy! But quite the opposite so thats a huge relief!

I quite like the ideas you guys have and it probably wouldnt matter if they never got used would it? (im a total technology idiot and have no idea if it would take up space/memory/anyother technological word i dont know) I guess its nice to be organised and have categories and anything that doesnt have a home can get posted in general?

Sorry im not very creative over here and can hardly even concentrate on finishing this post! Perhaps a section on improving memory and concentration? Ohhhhhhhhhhh that might go in meditation or health. Or maybe that goes in food/recipes? LOL

Anyhow keep up the good work and when you are ready paddy you are welcome to come over and categorise my pantry or cd collection Razz

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Mon May 25, 2009 8:49 am

Claire, I'm sorry. Embarassed

I have changed the title of the Thread - I didn't even think, and now that I finally have - yeah. I coulda done better the first time.

I'm not too worried about the size of our site - its free - but um yeah, I do like to be organised sometimes. Dang, busted. Embarassed
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poppy Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:05 am

wow Pat. I haven't been in for ages - the site is looking great.

poppy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

The Onwards and Upwards Future of TBBD Empty I'm always interested in..............................

Post by angiebabe Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:17 am

MEDICATION / TREATMENT!! Razz .

I am a qualified medication person at my job -- and find all the drugs and their use= exciting to know.
Incl the anti-d's I'm on.
Good luck Paddy What a Face
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:02 pm

good suggestions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum