The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I remember when ......

Go down

I remember when ...... Empty I remember when ......

Post by logical-cents Mon May 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Having a friend over to play meant you played with that friend whether it be a board game, or outside, or going for a walk to the diary, not one of them being on the PS2 and the other one the computer.

When a friend was sick or away from school, you would ring them to see how they are and have a chat, not just send a text going 'hw u'.

When organising to do something with someone, you would get on the phone, and parents would be informed as well, not just sending text's to each other and parents not knowing what's happening.

When getting told off usually meant you got sent to your room, not sitting on a computer or PS2 or watching what you want on TV.

But most of all? I remember when I understood what teenagers and kids were saying when they spoke and every second or third world wasn't swearing.

I'm only 21, but feel a lot damn older when around my brother (12) and sister (17), half the time don't have a clue what they are on about!
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

I remember when ...... Empty Re: I remember when ......

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Yeah it's funny isn't it... how in such a short time things change... It wasn't that long ago when cell phones were for the yuppies, and going to the movies was a big deal, part of a date even.

what about respect? where has that gone.. it is meaningless to some. Also what about the days where if there was a murder or homicide or rape in NZ everyone gasped as it was so unheard of "not here" "imagine living in America where this happens every week/day" were said...

man they were the days...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Oh man I totally agree. I used to criticise my parents for being too 'fuddy duddy', but if I ever have kids, I'm pretty sure I'll be raising them a lot more conservatively than the majority.

I just dont like the effect technology is having on people.... Yes its quick and convenient, but its socio-psychological impact is huge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down