The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

coming off my meds....

Go down

coming off my meds.... Empty coming off my meds....

Post by bipolarme Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:12 pm

hey there.... am a newbie on here amd was just wondering if anyone out there has had success coming off their meds? (with docs help)..... have been slowly reducing mine for a long time now, nearly 4 months and 6 nights ago was the last of it. and man do i get wicked headaches!!! hoping they will calm down soon

bipolarme

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

coming off my meds.... Empty Re: coming off my meds....

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:47 pm

A very warm welcome bipolarme

I have reduced meds one being Quetiapine from 950mg down to 50mg - i suffered shocking glitches- sort of like wee jolts for the first big drop.

Also depends on what you are reducing/stopping - like for parnate not sure of generic name (antidepressant) it does have a lot of food restrictions and states not to eat those foods until 2 weeks after... main symptom is what you describe...so check the packet/instructions - for things like foods/alcohol etc.

I continue with parnate and was having six ibupbrofen a day 1200mg..... so completely stopped chocolate- even tho it was only small amounts i was eating........no headaches now.

So my pattern seems to be food.

Are you still taking other meds or are you completely off all meds. My questions are because one of my labels is bi-polar......

I'm sure other members can give you a better picture.

Just to let you know there is a chat room on home page at the bottom of the screen. Gr8 room to get Q's answered too.

Good luck with those headaches
Poetry

flower

Back to top Go down