The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delayed emotions??

3 posters

Go down

Delayed emotions?? Empty Delayed emotions??

Post by _wizza_ Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:22 pm

hey people,
so i went to the dr today and he is referring me back to the psycologist (i stopped going because it wasnt an "instant" fix-Nieve i know)
A majority of you will know about the 3 suicides (aunty,friend and bros friend-like a bro to me) took place in the space of 3-4 weeks over xmas 07. The following march i witnessed my dad suffering from a brain anurysm-he was 47 when it happened (had brain surgery,was in icu for a week and other than having a "short fuse" is back to his normal self)

Anyway, for the past month or so these events have begun to haunt me..i wake up at night and cant get back to sleep...it feels like this has all just happened recently....IT WAS 2 YEARS AGO!!!
y is this beginning to effect me so much NOW??

have things like this happened to any1 else or am i weird?? Suspect
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Delayed emotions?? Empty Re: Delayed emotions??

Post by lil_miss_haley Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:01 pm

Nope I dont think your weird. With the 1st rape I hid that and ignored it for a couple of years, then one day it just all came to me and it was all I could think about. I managed to hide it away again, and just recently on here it all came out again. Maybe we try to hide these things that hurt us, but theres no way to hide them and we have to deal with them?

PS Love your note at the bottom.. 'The Harder you fall, The higher you bounce'
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:00 am

Hi Wizza, It is very common to have a reaction some time after an event or events. Post trauma stress disorder can occur. Have you seen your Counsellor/Dr? Would probably be good to mention this next time you do. That's an awful lot of people to have lost in a short time - and your Dad not being well too. Hugs for you. ........... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi guys. It does make sense that these sort of things come back up after time, as perhaps now your mind feels that it is ready to deal with the issues/memories. When the event is very recent, the mind sometimes tries to cope by blocking things out, or not dealing with them.

I know its hard but try to consider this as natural progress. I'm sorry your both have had to go through such traumatic events.

Back to top Go down

Post by _wizza_ Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:10 pm

hmm will have to google Post trauma stress disorder. im pretty clueless about that.

yeap i spoke to my dr about it and hes refered me back to a psycologist..i did go for a while after all this happened but if i can recall -back then-i considered myself coping with it all very well (perhaps not though..i was drinking quite a lot during those times)

its not so much during the nights either...the other day while cooking i spotted the dented element cover thingee (what dad landed/fell on during his anursym) and i had flash backs of it happening and worked myself into a huge panic attack and just started bawling..good thing i was alone..would have probley looked a bit weird.

heres hoping i can get in to the psycologist soon...i dont like feeling like this!!
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down