The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teeth decay and hair loss

2 posters

Go down

Teeth decay and hair loss Empty Teeth decay and hair loss

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Unfortunately I am one of the many who wasn't told about medication and its ability to cause decay in teeth very quickly!!!! - maybe i should be in ventilation site. I am posting here so that others will read and become aware. 21 fillings!!! This is coming from a conscientious teeth hygiene person - brush, floss and gargle lol. My dentist wrote a letter to ACC no! will not cover damage. The quote being $1500-$2000.

So always keep your mouth wet either with sips of water - sugar free sweets ( not chewing gum this dries the mouth) drink plenty of water also is the recommendation. I'm happy to say all of my bottom teeth have been fixed, begin the top at the end of the month - also using 5000 plus fluoride toothpaste last thing at night, coats and dries on your teeth- another form of protection is a calcium mousse - not using at present.

I am amazed how many people have lost all there teeth or about to!!! So i am one of the lucky ones Smile

Parnate = be aware it can cause hair loss.....another thing to deal with*** there isn't a cure for this, i have tried a lot of meds and this is the only one that keeps me out of suicidal depression. I'm not sure if i will go completely bald or just very fine hair??? I have accepted this outcome.

Hope this saves someone going through the same situation/experience.
flower

Back to top Go down

Teeth decay and hair loss Empty OMG

Post by angiebabe Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Really ----what medication ??? OR is it from ALL anti-depressants??? What a Face
Cheers
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Teeth decay and hair loss Empty Re: Teeth decay and hair loss

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Tooth decay
ALL medication according to both my dentist and the director of Bi-polar network. The guy did a presentation on this subject and is currently gathering more information to support claim. This information will be published in the next Bi-polar News Letter. When I receive it, I will paste onto this site. Just make sure you always keep your mouth wet eg. sipping water etc.... sorry to worry you. But it sure beats a bill like i have!!!

Hair loss - google parnate -hair loss.....if you are on medication then google the name and see if it comes up with side effect hair loss. Sorry to scare you..not all do this...very limited and a % is given I'm 1 in 100!!! yeah for me lol
Smile flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:17 am

Shit the tooth damage is a worry. A common side effect of most anti depressants is a dry mouth.

Thanks for the note about chewing gum as thats how I normally combat a dry mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:22 am

More than welcome Roswell, I don't want anyone else to go through the financial stress nor sitting in the dentist chair!!!!
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:28 am

I googled antidepressants and hair loss, clicked on a site where different people taking a variety of meds talked about their hair loss experience. Something i found interesting and made me feel a little more hopeful, is that once you have been on the medication for awhile and not swapping over meds the loss of hair slows down. Fingers and toes crossed!! sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by _wizza_ Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:35 pm

woah...thats got me thinking....have no fillings but have just had all 4 wisdom teeth out....certaintly not cheap at all but wonder if it due to a/d??
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:51 pm

May not be - did they do a check-up on your teeth too? Water or sugar free sweets - keep your mouth wet - that is the advice from the Dentist.

flower Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by _wizza_ Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:22 am

whoops...was meant to say wisdom teeth had to come out due to holes (2 where they were right to the nerve ouch!) they checked my teeth and they were the only ones that had suffered any damage...thank god
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down