The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF!!!! Stable???

4 posters

Go down

WTF!!!! Stable??? Empty WTF!!!! Stable???

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:42 am

I had a doc appointment yesterday and apparently I am stable despite having been in two weeks of depression where my mood has constantly been round a 3 out of 10, have had no energy or motivation and been dealing with thoughts of self harm and suicidal idenation.

He wants me to cut down on my meds and seems to think all is going well. This is all after a quick 10min appointment and I have not seen him for over three months!

Why will they not listen to us, we are the ones that live it everyday and know where we are!

Back to top Go down

WTF!!!! Stable??? Empty Re: WTF!!!! Stable???

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:17 am

that blows. I reckon they should have mental health doctors, who are seperate from general practioners Smile

Back to top Go down

WTF!!!! Stable??? Empty NOT good enuf Roswell

Post by angiebabe Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:02 am

Can you go and get a 2nd opinion???
Good luck
XXX Like a Star @ heaven
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Sometimes I wonder if those people that make those decisions have mental issues themselves.. like missing part of their brain!

My own dr is amazing, very helpful. But I'll never forget attempting suicide, being hospitalised, and let go the next day being told theres nothing wrong with me. I don't remember much of the 2 days after that. Then applying for councilling thru DHB and being told again that my depression isnt serious. I TRIED TO KILL MYSELF. How does it get more serious than that? Death? How many people have to die before they take people seriously. We apply for help because we want to try and get this under control before we do take the suicide or self harm route, but its still not good enough. If I didnt have such amazing support of my friends, family, partner and Bella cat then I would have tried again, because I have gotten very close. ARGH

ANYWAYS (yet again, enough about me), Rossy mate that sux. Did you say that to him? Hows the coucilling going? xx
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 pm

I am under a 'community mental health team', have a PDN - Psych nurse. Also have support once a week visit from a lady from bi-polar network.
Without this support i would not be doing as well as i am now.

My suggestion is contact your local community mental health sources - explain your situation, also EPS - emergency Psych Services may help to suggest another doctor....... 3 out of 10 and feeling low, thoughts of self harm and suicidal feelings has bells ringing for me. Please ring one of the above - 3 isn't healthy!! nor fair on you, you shouldn't have to 'survive' like this. HUGS I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:14 am

Hey guys,

I work with a probation shrink who tried to refer me to the community mental health team here to get my meds under control and they said I was under the care of my GP.

There is no support networks here but am going to try get a mental health one start up over the comming month, I use to go to Grow meetings when I was down South and will talk to the Sallies about getting it started in Wellington.

I have just started sexual abuse counselling and that is really hard going, to make it even harder I have my shrink appointment on the same day.

It is affecting my study which in turn affects my own self worth. I have had to ask for an extension for an assignment and hated asking for it. I am meant to be studying now but been dealing with probation which has put me in a black mood and after dealing with a long day yesterday so instead I am drinking. Yes I know not the wisest thing to do but it helps and is a better option then self harming though drinking can in some cases be classed as a forn of self harm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:42 am

HUGS again

with the way you are feeling you are doing really well to stay in study. Don't worry about the extension, you sound like a very conscientious learner - Try not to be too hard on yourself...

P.S Drinking in my experience made me feel more depressed and more vulnerable to overdose. Be careful, look after yourself - my heart goes out to you....

I'm pleased to hear you are going to be proactive about starting up a mental health group. Good luck to you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Roach Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:15 pm

Great advice Poetry Smile

(((((HUGS))))) Ros
Guerrilla Roach
Guerrilla Roach

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 1teaspoon Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:07 am

hey roswell. I would be either seeking a second opinion or looking for a new doctor. I used to have a doctor like yours, more interested in taking my money than actually doing anything to help. Actually yelled at her one day, for gods sake would you shut your mouth and actually listen to me! Not that it made much difference in the end. Hubby finally had enough of the way i was being treated and told me we were changing back to his old doctor. After two visits to hubby's doc, i finally have a diagnosis for my skin disorder, am working on the self esteem (through weight loss assistance and gym work) and closely monitoring my mental status. Now i realise just how much of a bitch my old doc was and dont regret changing.
What im trying to say is if you dont feel your gp is listening to you, ask for a second opinion or find another doctor who will listen because your gp is your first point of care and especially with mental illnesses, you need to feel you can trust that if you approach them, they will give you appropriate care or refer you to someone else who can provide this for you.
1teaspoon
1teaspoon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://theinvisibleagony.forumotion.net/index.htm?sid=045d004fd4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:05 am

Hi Roswell

How are doing??? let us know that you r okay.... thinking of you and hoping you have a new dr and some support!!!
HUGS I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi Roz, how are you doing now? Remember we all support you here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum