The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I be worried?

2 posters

Go down

Should I be worried? Empty Should I be worried?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Got a few things going on at the mo.

First I have a cold that I can't shake. It has hung round for a couple of weeks and I still have a runny nose. I am just putting it down to the fact I am a bit run down.

I am finding it really hard to get going in the mornings, espically early mornings which I have on a Monday and Tues for uni. I need to be up at 7am to wirk round the family I board with so I can make it to uni for lectures. I have already missed two lectures (last tuesday and todays). I am finding if I let my body decide when I get up it is like 1030 or 11.

Both my probation officer and shrink have also commented. The other day my probation officer said I looked tired and worn out while in a session with my shrink she asked if I wanted to contiinue as I looked ready to fall asleep.

My shrink is also concerned I have taken on too much. I have Uni which is two internal and two extramural papers this semister. I am behind in my readings, have deadlines looming and have not even cracked open one of my courses and its is week four!

I work once a fortnight for a few hours doing voluntary work. I have restricted this cos I know I have a lot on.

I am also interviewing for a part-time PA position which is one day a week paid which will help out.

Oh forgot to mention I still see probation once a week, my shrink once a week (both of those on a thurs) and meant to be starting counselling soon.

Back to top Go down

Should I be worried? Empty Re: Should I be worried?

Post by daze7 Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:33 am

Hi Rossy, Sounds like a lot to me - could you postpone one or two of the papers? There's a very fine line between enough stress and too much - you are very capable, but it's easy to overdo it! if people are noticing that you look very tired then you probably are dog-tired. The cold will pull you down too. Are you taking any vitamin C? and B? Choose the things you WANT to do and see if the rest can be put on hold - Mama has spoken ... no, all meant in a most caring way! .... daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Hey Mama (aka Daze)

Cant really put any of my papers off with getting an acedemic penality which affects my ability tp do future study if I decide to.

Not taking any vitamins maybe I should pick some up.

I was soooo tired in class this morning and hardly awake :-(

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:45 pm

if you get up earlier in the mornings
you can make time.

excitement will awaken you.
Do something to enliven yourself.
Accidents bring us here,and show us alittle of what great-energy we can muster when we have to...
Learn to TRICK-YOURSELF,beat yourself in the game of Hidenseek.

ONLY YOU know what you can do,
when you have got yourself
on-track!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:55 am

GM,

I do get up early in the mornings. Three times a week I am up at 7am so I can attend lectures etc. The other days I have asked to wait till the people I stay with have sorted out their shit and the kids gone to school before getting up.

The days I get up at 7 I can not make it through the day. Today after class I was meant to be working on an assignment but I could not focus and ended up having a sleep. When I can get peace in quiet here to study I can only do it in short 30min bursts before I loose concentration

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:35 am

above all
dont worry!
seems like
youre in the wrong enviroment.
a change is like a rest!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:48 am

Hi Rossy, sucks that you are finding things such a challenge at the moment. Uni has been doing my head in too. We seem to have a lot in common as I have the excact same situation with my cold, it just wont go away and I"m feeling so run out.

Are you eating the right types of food do you think? Its so easy when your feeling like crap to eat lazy and convenient food. But I had some chicken and vegetable soup last night and I swear I feel better.

As for your papers... keep in mind that lecturers are often very approachable and understanding when you are struggling. I have used the depression excuse in many emails to lecturers and they are usually very accomodating. Don't be scared to reach out to them, its not a failure!

4 papers is a lot to take on. I'm only doing 3 this semster and still struggling. Good luck man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down