The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Days like today get to me

+2
ZenMonsta
lifeshouldbegreat
6 posters

Go down

Days like today get to me Empty Days like today get to me

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:37 am

Im on meds,I have many organisations helping me out,yet I dont feel like I can handle days like today

Tuesday is shopping day,its also Twinkle Toes music group.Not having a car is getting to me,my double pram doesnt fit on the bus,and I cant afford a smaller one.So usually we leave for twinkle toes at 20 to 1,leave at 3,go to the supermarket,and get home after several tantrums and a hungry baby we finally come home.Lily walks and Trista is in the pram,but I have been noticing Lily gets tired so last week I took Trista strapped to me in the wrap and Lily in the pram...well I havent mastered the wrap so with the pram piled with groceries and Trista slipping from the wrap I had to go back to plan A.

Lily has decided to drop her day sleep so I figured I'd do the shopping the in the morning so Lily would be fresh and then go to twinkle toes and when Lily got tired I would carry her on my shoulders and push Trista in the pram,this was going well till in the pak n save(2nd stop,we have to go between 2 supermarkets,woolworths have cheap nappies)and she became a monster,would throw a tantrum if I tried to put her on my shoulders and tried to push the pram which was slowing things down so we ended up missing the bus we were going to catch,to make matters worse,matt spent $20 more than I had budgeted for so threw me completely outta whack as I tend to budget down to the last dollar these days.then I remembered I needed money for him to catch the train next week as feb is a short month and we didnt buy a march monthly ticket!!so my budget was completely stretched.So on the bus home all was good,Trista was asleep in the pram,Lily was reading her wiggles book,we get off the bus and after the bus drove off Lily decided she wouldnt hold my hand and ran onto the road,and there was a car coming!!I screamed and ran after her,luckily the car stopped as they either saw her or me screaming like a mad woman,but because the pram was loaded with groceries it tipped backwards and upset Trista!!Needless to say we didnt make it to twinkle toes today
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Days like today get to me Empty Re: Days like today get to me

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:44 am

awwwwwwwww hon

sorry you had a shit day!

*****hugs*****
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by diggingdeep Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:47 am

ARgh! NOT a good day for you hun!
(Dammit Monsta, you run faster than me lol)

Days like that get to me too, seems to be the joys of having two little people and places to go etc. They never want to behave themselves when you need them to.

Just know you're not on your own THERE *hug*
diggingdeep
diggingdeep

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:52 am

it sucks coz it was my last day out for a week as Im starting toilet training lily tomorrow(hopefully 3rd time lucky) so need to stay home and get it sussed
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by diggingdeep Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:34 am

You kinda feel a bit let down by the whole day and the way it played out? With it being your last day out for a wee bit? Can understand that.

Fingers crossed training goes well with Lily to put a brighter spin on things for you.
diggingdeep
diggingdeep

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Easily Amused Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:39 am

Sorry you had such a bad day, hope tomorrow is a better day and good luck potty training.
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:25 am

Hi lifey, whew, how difficult it is for you to get all that fitted into a day. Takes me back a bit to when I had two small people to look after (and no car). My only suggestion is - could you do the grocery shopping in the evening by yourself. I have no idea if that is feasible but it might be less complicated. Good luck with the potty training. And I hope when you got home you were able to sit and have a coffee!
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:28 am

Im so glad you have Orgs coming-in and helping you along with your life Lifey.
Can become overwhelming sometimes,
if you don't look after yourself.

Maybe,
one of your Helpers may help you arrange a diary of self-help Times,
where you can go and do your own getting well thing
whilst they care for the Children.

If we don't make time for ourself to regenerate
life can get drained out from your giving to Outside Yourself.

Be careful!

TIME for YOU is MOST
IMPORTANT!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down