The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Language...

5 posters

Go down

Language... Empty Language...

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Hello all. rendeer

As most of you know, im am not on this site very often, and just check up on it from time to time. I feel that certain swearwords (depending on the context) should not be put in messages. That includes guests. Everyone is here to help with support, and yes i understand that sometimes you need to vent in that manner. But I feel that certain "tones" are unappropriate when we are all trying to get better, it just brings negitivity to this site, which i strongly believe isnt its purpose. We can all express ourselves without wording things so that they will offend others on the site.

Sending you all my love for the day,
Rachie Razz

if anyone has a different view, please say! What a Face

Back to top Go down

Language... Empty Re: Language...

Post by Admin (Paddy) Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:52 pm

A Moderator hath spoken, and I have to say, I'm agreeing not just cos I'm very proud to be her Dad.

Actually, her dad didn't realise Guests could 'Post' here at TBBD, he'd thought he'd chosen to give that privelge to Members only (usless bastard that he is, eh Folly). So, I'd better see if I can't sort that one out (the Guest's being able to post stuff I mean; pffft, its far too late to change him from being a U.B. Embarassed )

Admin. Embarassed
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:10 am

I disagree re the use of colourful language. And I think that once censorship of certain words begins the site will lose some of its unique character. After all words here are just words on a screen in that sense.

I think the bigger issue here is the content of the messages and not the language used to convey them. As members of this site we all have the right to ask for help and to reach out to others. But as importantly we have a responsibility to eachother to do this respectfully if we are able and we should at all times keep the nature of this site and those who frequent it foremost in our minds.

Unfortunately during times of emotional pain this is not always possible and I am sure most of us understand this however I urge anyone who is in distress to seek help in a private manner if possible so as not to affect those who may themselves be vulnerable. There are many numbers listed on this site that offer assistance and also a PM function which assures privacy.

I am not in any way suggesting that those in need of help do not ask for it here as it is important we all feel able to do so. And I guess the nature of this site means that there will be times when help is sought with out thought for the safety of others in this respect I advise that we all take responsibility for our own emotional safety on here and maintain a degree of personal distance and perspective when someone is having a public meltdown.

Take care all

ps Rach its nice to see you!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:58 am

Hey,

I came on here last night to provide help and support to both people who were on here last night. One was in a bad way.

Last nights situation arose out of a mix alcohol, a rough patch one of the parties was in and a misunderstanding over something that was said.

The person who needed help last night was supported and I have talked to them today and they are better than what they have been but sadly they have decided to leave tbbd so they can focus on their own issues and get their head sorted.

As to the language it was due to the person being highly stressed and was out of character for them and they have apoligies in another post.

Please not the person was not a guest but someone who came in regulary. the reason the post are comming up as guest is that their account has been deleted by them.

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:52 am

while I can see both sides of this swearing topic and the where-and-when swear words are used I have to admit I feel more like monsta...as I swear like a trooper on a good day...yea I know...not very ladylike haha...but the thing is when I am having a bad day I swear even more...its like those words pop out to fill gaps when my brain wont/cant find civil lanuage to get out what I need to say
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:56 am

gidday from Aussie
Rachie

Daddies Daughter.
Im so glad he has someone there with him to Help at times
he is in the shit!(hard to spell the other word)

I know how you feel about fast uneccesary words(the easy ones)we use to dump-outside those(unresolved)troubles,especially when the weight of troubles dosnt suit our limited education,or our ability to Hold Back from The Open-Hearted ppl in this here wellness finding factory.
Mistakes happen everywhere,
so mistakes will find us here growing as we are evolving with Paddies idea along the Track! I dont think Paddy will mind others changing the Nappies of His newly Borned Baby would you paddy?lol

I have mentioned somewhere else that a VENTING department would be an asset Here.
Its been done before in another site i were supporting years back,but ppl got into hating each other in person,within the vent thread and this made it rather extinct,soon as this began to happen.
One good thing A VENTING THREAD allows is that the delicate people can choose NOT to venture into the Hell-hole of a place,and to stay out of the thread where ppl are at their wits end.If you dont provide a place for them,where do they go if they have no money to pay the Butcher for an ear?

Not everyone is as far along track that can see the importance of transmutating their own shit (use it in creative ways to Make Money) as I have chosen to do,(and there are some that beyond me and are, laughing)but we surely must accommodate all ppl and trust that this site will survive with twigging only.

What has been done by Isolating the wrinkly-old-men into the back-rooms of the BBD's Pen i think had to be a good thing; i hope the woman are making good use of their Womans Domain.( Im seeing waving coconut trees and fresh fruit an strawberries with cream an scones an...quickly Closes the Shutters)

This is just One of the hiccups we will have here,
lets hope someone dishes out the chocolate peppermints soon
to soothe the tense tummies.
with love
gm
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Me Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:08 pm

DEJA VU

What right has anyone to judge each other unless it is personally aimed.
I swear at times, and I can't help it. ( I'm swearing as i read this thread )
It is caused through my illness. I take it that the person who used the language that your moderator complained about was the won who left your message board. Who has she got to talk to now?

Paddy, this is why I left the first time. Exactly the same as what I told you last time. Why do we need moderators assigned to BBD. If anyone here is offended i'm sure it would be sorted out between us. Moderators are meant to be for the judgmental people on the outside.

Paddy, What's this ... A Moderator hath spoken, and I have to say, I'm agreeing not just cos I'm very proud to be her Dad..... NOT GOOD!

Maryann.

: Suspect

Me

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:39 am

rest assured she has plenty of people to talk to if she chooses to do so ME. Both on and off the board and she has been welcomed back with open arms but whether she takes up the invitation or not is not something any of us have control over.

She has not been pushed out and is quite aware that people here care about her!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:58 am

everything has its place,and we can (will) all learn from this
even if it all just amounts to 'our comming together'
to discuss what our egos are throwing-up in us
for our own introspection.
Learning to be healthy is re-learning what it is to be Honest
and here is a Place where anyone that has something 'special' to say
can say it without being battered back down;locks then applied
to the hatch...

Its not a crime to speak up;its enlivening.
In our hearts,we will find also the compassion
which is under it all,should we dig that deep
in unearthing crimes done against us.
with love
gm
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content