The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting The Big Black Dog .... (for Pat, and all of us)

+2
greasemonkey
daze7
6 posters

Go down

Starting The Big Black Dog  ....  (for Pat, and all of us) Empty Starting The Big Black Dog .... (for Pat, and all of us)

Post by daze7 Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:07 am

I have just found some more of my books (since moving) and thought this appropriate - from a book called:

A Guide for the Advanced Soul .........

'Until one is committed, there is hesitancy,
the chance to draw back,
always ineffectiveness.
Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation),
There is one elementary truth,
the ignorance of which kills countless ideas
and splendid plans: that the
moment one definitely commits oneself,
then providence moves too.

All sorts of things occur to help one that would
never otherwise have occurred.
A whole stream of events issues from the decision,
raising in one’s favour all manner of
Unforeseen incidents and meetings
and material assistance, which no man could
have dreamed would have come his way' .....

I feel this is very relevant to Pat's making the decision to start this website ... we now have each other, a 'new family' ... personal meetings that would probably never have happened... empathy with, and from, a bunch of 'strangers' ... lots of laughs in the chatroom ... the list goes on ... this time last year we did not have this site in our lives. Thank you again, Pat, for being the catalyst! ..... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Starting The Big Black Dog  ....  (for Pat, and all of us) Empty Re: Starting The Big Black Dog .... (for Pat, and all of us)

Post by greasemonkey Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:31 pm

too right....
the first step is often called the Hardest step!
When we make the committmant to self heal,
our Soul follows-through with its WILL,bringing the empetus for success.

Thank you for starting this Roll, Paddy.
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Starting The Big Black Dog  ....  (for Pat, and all of us) Empty Re: Starting The Big Black Dog .... (for Pat, and all of us)

Post by lowdown Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 pm

I'll second that. It fills a gap that nothing else does for those of us coping with all sorts of issues. Pat, you're a star - as are all of those on this site who reach out for help and friendship and in turn give their support to others

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jomatt Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:56 pm

cheers all hail our lovely leader Pat. I love you I too feel that I have found a whole new family, and the love and support I have received here has just been amazing. So neat having someone to talk too through the rough times or in turn being there for somone else in need. This is my safe haven, free from harm, with lots of love in it too. xoxoxoo
jomatt
jomatt

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 am

by Admin (Paddy2) on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:53 pm

lol, I'm blushing. Thank you.

This is something I've thought about for a long time, especially when well developed threads which have helped people, have disappeared from the TradeMe Message Board. Don't get me wrong, I love the TM Boards - its just well, frustrating to lose touch with the inspiration that some of those messages contained. And the pain, too.

The Big Black Dog just happened by accident. I was thinking about it on Saturday night and the possibilities it might give people, I stumbled over the means of doing this and here we are.

I am way outside my comfort level (and level of computer abilities) but this was something I felt compelled to at least try. If I didn't, then I couldn't complain about how things sometimes are on TM.

Does The Big Black Dog have a future? I don't know, but I've dared to dream, and thats not like me.

I hope you're having a good night?

I hope you don't mind? I found that earlier Post - it was written a few days after this place started and I fully expected to be totally by myself here and I gave TBBD (and me) about oh, a week, max.

So many times, I've 'wanted' to do something, wanted to try something, and I've analysed 'it' to death and then done nothing. TBBD just happened and I am surprised and delighted anew each day to see that its still going and that folk find something here thats safe and of use.

Yeah, I started it, but its You who make it a good place to be, Bless You All.

Pat. cheers flower
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by kidsandme Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:38 am

Here Here, cheers from me too.
With the love and support ive found here, it has helped put my mind at an ease that i haven't felt for a long while.

Ive been able to make decisions knowing ive got great support and online family to fall back on.

Thank you all so very very much for making this a safe place for all of us to visit.

And Pat you are one remarkable man, and i wholeheartedly thank you for making this place happen. I love you
Cheers to all, KandM
kidsandme
kidsandme

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum