The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clonazepam 0.5mg tabs

2 posters

Go down

Clonazepam 0.5mg tabs  Empty Clonazepam 0.5mg tabs

Post by Paddy Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 am

I was prescribed these yesterday during a chat with me GP. And today, I’m blowed if I remember what we talked about and why I have this as a new med. Yep. I’ve read the Medsafe Consumer Information Sheet at http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/p/paxam.pdf which in part says “…used to treat epilepsy in adults and in children aged 2 years and over.”

I don’t have epilepsy, as far as I know. Never had, don’t intend to.

I know it’s a ‘beni’ so its gotta be good (anything ending in ‘pam’ seems good Smile but why this one? Is it a replacement for Lorazepam, which I used to help manage panic attacks I had trouble sorting out myself? Because I worked really hard to control panic attacks without recourse to using the Lorazepam and could go weeks without feeling I needed to take one to ‘get a grip’ so to speak.

Directions on the Label say ‘Take HALF a tablet to ONE tablet at night and if needed as directed by a doctor… Do not stop taking this medicine.’

If it’s a replacement for the Lorazepam, which I only resorted to using every fifth Blue Moon, why should I take half of one every single night? And what does the ‘if needed’ bit mean? That confuzzles me.

If its to be taken every night, what’s the point of the ‘if needed’ instruction? Especially read in conjunction with the ‘don’t stop taking this medicine’ instruction on the label. Do I take half of one a night, every night regardless, or do I wait for the Blue Moon moment again – and if so, how will I know that Clonazepam is what I should be taking – especially if it ain't night time then?

Arrrrgh, I wish I’d listened.

I know, I should ask me GP but a visit to my GP is a 160km round trip and I figured youse clever fullas and fullaesses was closer than that, so I’d ask here first.

Meh. I also have to increase me daily dosage of anti-mads, Paroxetine - which doesn't worry me too much, its just another pill added to the handful each day but I wish I didn't have shit for brains so I could remember important stuff. Rolling Eyes

Paddy.

Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Clonazepam 0.5mg tabs  Empty Re: Clonazepam 0.5mg tabs

Post by Katie248 Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:35 am

Clonazepam is like Valium (Diazepam) and is a 'Beni' but i think it is a bit stronger than valium ~ great for if you are feeling it's all to much or are to sad or going crazy with grief/anger/pain......calms you down and gives you an escape to regroup for a while and have a wonderful restful sleep .....if it was me I would take it only when it's bad....just for the fact that you build a tolerance to it very quickly...which is fine if you are taking for recreational use and doesn't matter if you have to put it aside for a while until your tolerance falls but not if you need it. honestly it makes you feel so good that you want to take it everyday but seriously you can't as it as well as building up a tolerance quickly it is very addictive so please don't throw it down your throat at the slightest thing .. use only when you need it and as an occasional escape, the dose you are on is the lowest, if things are really bad take 4....approx. same as x2 10mg valium.....if you need it to work quickly chew and swallow
the way 'beni's' work is they block anxiety ~ so if extremely anxious they will bring you down to a level where you can cope ....which is why if taken when not extremely anxious any tiny anxieties are taken away which is why you feel so good....as a side they are sold on the streets at $3-5 a pill as a recreational drug
...take care...hope this helps.

Katie248

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down