The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help help help help help

3 posters

Go down

Help help help help help Empty Help help help help help

Post by hope2121 Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:18 am

hey

i really am thhinking of od or something i have no support here and dont knwo what to do.. i dont want to live anymore

help

hope2121

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Help help help help help Empty Re: Help help help help help

Post by Paddy Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:42 am

Hope 2121, hiya and Welcome to TBBD.

I think that you probably do have a good idea of what you need to do, which of course is to make contact with a Psych Emergency Team in your area, and be totally honest with them AND be prepared to do some hard work.

I don’t know where in NZ you are, so I’m not sure if this number is one for every region, but I know that if you ring 0800 653 358 you will be talking to someone involved in a 24/7 Psych Emergency team. So my Whanganui Telephone Book tells me on page Four. The front of your local White Pages ‘phone book will contain similar information under the Emergency Services Details at the front of the book.

Taking a deliberate overdose of anything is a pretty crap idea to be honest, because every time some one does that, it helps reinforce existing prejudices and stereotyping in the minds not only of our health professionals, but the general public as well.

Thanks for your Post, because it shows that you are, like the rest of us here, a Survivor – which doesn’t have to be as bad as it sounds, actually.

Make the telephone calls that you need, and make the commitment to yourself to accept help in exchange for your honesty and cooperation with the mental health professionals, eh?

Please Understand :
TBBD can’t offer you or anyone else, professional mental health services or ‘protection’ or whatever, k? TBBD has no ‘STAFF’ or resources or affiliation with any MH service providers.
We’re just ‘us’, people a lot like you probably, trying our best to get through each day and also, allowing ourselves to notice and have a bit of enjoyment out of ‘things’, however humble they may be.

Misery isn’t compulsory when ya have MH concerns, so make those calls, get gooda real soon, and give us a chance to get to know ya, eh? There are good folk here, by golly.

Gentle care eh,

Paddy.

P.S. 0800 653 358 – RING IT NOW.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:19 am

hope2121,

It would be kinda nice, not to mention polite, if you or someone on your behalf, could let us know how you are at the moment, etc?

Thanks, and I hope the news is positive and that you have made the contacts you need to make to find ways to improve the way you are feeling and reacting.

Paddy.

Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by hope2121 Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 am

i spoke to pes and my suport. they say wait it will go away. its not going away.

hope2121

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 am

Hiya, and Bless You for making the effort to let us know how you are, because thats a good thing. It means you are still here and you are working on it.

Obviously I don't know or understand your circumstances or pressures and stuff, but I've started to figure out that 'it', whatever 'it' may be, is often not quite as terrible as 'it' seems from our side of the head. The inside bit.

'It' will go away, most definitely but none of us can promise you it will go away for ever; thats why we need to build up our supply of good and OK days, to remind ourselves that yes, we still can and will have OK and good days again.

You are welcome to share more of your current situation and predicaments here and no one shall ridicule you for that, I'm sure. Maybe writing your thoughts etc down will help in some way to find good positive outcomes and feelings, rather than bleak ones?

Anyway, its lovely to see you are still here with us and being part of our TBBD family, 'cos our folk are important to us too.

Gentle care and have a safe and occasionally enjoyable weekend, at the very least.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:34 am

ha im glad you are still here as well have you tried writing a journal this sometimes helps just to get thoughts out of your head they may not make sense and dont have to but just to get them out of your head helps a little doesnt solve. we are great at listening on here and not being judgemental so let lose. Smile
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum